Our New House!

Well, sort of. :)  Since we moved to our house in Sept 05 we have not been happy with the color.  It was White with Baby Gray Trim.  Every time we were ready to paint something would come up and it never got done.  This year Nathan promised me that we would get it done and then he lost his job.  19 Looooooong weeks of looking for a job and wishing we could splurge on paint since he was home to do it was hard but we were glad we waited.  The timing was right, the price was even better and the weather was just starting to turn bearable.

So we jumped right in and got it done.  It was a long process. I will get to that later, but here it is before...
 Hideous. But our pal Gene spend 9.5 hours recaulking, sanding, priming and taping our entire house. He did a fabulous job. I need to mention our house although it looks older than it actually is, was built in 2002! Shocking right? And this is the ORIGINAL paint...it was time for a facelift. 
So here it is after 29 gallons of charcoal gray paint. What? It looks blue to you? Well, THATS BECAUSE IT IS!!!!! I freaked out, I cried and poor Rachel and Rebecca had to hear all about it. Tara told me to talk to the sprayer about it and I did and he assured me it was the right color.  This was Wednesday. Well, that night Nathan replaced our UGLY brass original to the house lights.  See here...
Bug Crusted, and ready for the nasty bin!
 Sigh, much much better!
These babies are now all over my house and were a great price and look fantastic.

So lets move on to today, Thursday...
They came, they saw, they sprayed the last coat.
8 more gallons.
So 37 gallons on my 41 foot tall house later and the color is now Charcoal Gray.  Here it is...almost Finished!  
Trim painted White, and the door is Roasted Red Pepper.
I can't show you a picture of it yet because its missing the welcome sign, and well...you will just have to wait 4 more days - until I get back from California.
But here is a wee preview:
It looks SOOO Good right?
This is missing a few trim pieces but it should be done when I get back.
Did I mention I am going to California ALONE sans kids?
Yup, my husband is the greatest...I get to go on a "trip" and eat delicious food. I will miss them but its going to be a great weekend! :)

5 comments:

  1. I love love love it!!! YAY Can't wait to see the inside! Have fun on your trip! We need to play:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi Mickelson10/16/10, 8:23 AM

    It looks so pretty! I know exactly how you feel, we did our house last October and someday's I still drive up to it and stop and just stare. I love it when a project comes out just how I wanted it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn Bushman10/16/10, 8:23 AM

    looks great! I love the gray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh. Turned out really good. Have fun on your trip! and I hope you got some "good" news today :) Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it. I really love your new lights. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete