30 before 30

Yesterday was my birthday.  I'm 29 today...I was 29 yesterday, on Sunday I was still 28. Hahaha.

That means I am only one year away from turning the dirty 30! 

My friend Lindsey who coincidentally shares more than a birthday with me posted a list because she, like me thinks something about 29  makes us feel like we need to make an effort to carpe diem!

A friend of ours felt the same way when her 29th rolled around last year, and it was her blog that inspired her (Lindz) and now me to do a "list" of my own.  So, thanks Nas!  And yeah, I admit it: I stole some of your ideas!  AND Lindsey's too!

This quote is Lindsey's "Not that changing poopie diapers and making endless boxes of mac-n-cheese doesn't already fill me with a supreme sense of accomplishment, but I really want to remember rounding out the twenties and head fearlessly into the thirties." 



Couldn't have said it better myself.  Without further stalling, here's the list:

My 30 before 30…
1.    Compliment 2 people a week who are not related to me. DONE


2.    Get pregnant one last time. (yes dad you read that right)  COMPLETED 2011, due 2012


3.    Finish ALL of the 1st year books for each kid. COMPLETED 6/6/11


4.    Read 6 biographies THIS year! COMPLETED 7/20/11


5.    Make Christmas Dresses and Ties for the Children. COMPLETED 9/28/11 (wedding)


6.    Visit/Stay at a state I have never been.  Happening in July (CHICAGO!!!)


7.    Take an Art Class. (ie any type of art)  COMPLETED 4/2/12 - P101


8.    Make a Treat and Activity for a friend and family 1x a month. DONE


9.    For every item I complete, I will put $10 in an envelope so I have $300 in fun $$ on my 30th BDAY! SWEET $280 collected!


10.   Swim a mile and a half  (66 laps + 33 is 99 so 100 laps) in less than an hour.  Right now I can do 1 hour 17 minutes. DID IT on my 30th Birthday!

11.   Plan and execute a full family vacation in the car to California. COMPLETED 7/18/11


12.   Go skiing/snowboarding. The last time was 2004 right before our wedding, or if PG take kids for 1st time  Couldn't get out in time! Bummer.


13.   Make DVDs of ALL the home movies I have of the kids.  COMPLETED 8/25/11


14.   Take some sort of class WITH Nathan.  COMPLETED 12/11-1/12


15.   Read the Entire Bible cover to Cover. Old and New Testaments. COMPLETED 1/2012



16.   See GiGi, and have GiGi meet Juliet. COMPLETED 5/7/11


17.  Finish Lucas's Bedroom in THE BASEMENT...from s to f (if funds allow) Acceptable UNTIL 6/2012


18.   Master Pie, Tart and Quiche making. COMPLETED 8/5/11


19.   Dress all fancy and go to the Theater with Nathan. Tickets purchased, 3 weeks!!!


20.  Donate my ponytail to Locks of Love.  COMPLETED 3/7/12


21.  Learn to quilt. COMPLETED 1/2012


22.  Have a Real Girls Night/Day with different people every time, every month. DONE


23.  Start a Gratitude/Picture a Day journal and print it. SENT it off 4/11/12


24.  Surprise Nathan with the LD for the full 40 days. DONE!


25.  Go karaoke-ing. I kinda knew this was a stretch. :)


26.  Build something from start to finish ALL BY MYSELF. COMPLETED 2/11/12


27.  Conquer a fear. DANCING in PUBLIC/WORK OUT AT A GYM COMPLETED 4/12


28.  Climb a fourteener, or if pregnant go on a Day Hike with the Family.  COMPLETED 3/26/12


29.  Visit a person every month that needs a pick me up. COMPLETED


30.  Inspire someone else to complete their own 30 before 30! COMPLETED 7/27/2011



EEek, I am so excited.  I hope I can get it all done before the big 3-0! I should be able to, since I have 364 days left...

4 comments:

  1. Yeehaw!!! Btw I hope I managed to post it somewhere yesterday, I tried multiple times on Facebook to say happy birthday but my phone was being weird. Probably something to do with being in a car in Bumpkinville, GA all day. Anyhow I love your list and have only 1 question: what's LD for a month mean? :). Wait, one more: what's a fourteener?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO in for the girls nights, just let me know when and where!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love some of these! I'll take you karaokeing on a girl's night & you can mark two off!

    ReplyDelete