Mmmmm

Remember yesterday when it was 80 outside and my kids ALL needed sunscreen because it was sunny and hot?  Well today was a completely different story.  It snowed.  Like a lot, like enough to build a snowman!
We opted to skip the outside play and experiment in the kitchen.

Sunday is the day we usually have a big breakfast since we were blessed with 1pm church for the THIRD time in our SIX year stint in the ward.  Today I practiced my bread making skills and made up a recipe for wheat cinamon swirl bread.  Besides cooking it for too long (about 3 minutes too long) it was SOOOOO good.  When I practice a new recipe I make it in 3 mini loaves so I can really pick it apart and figure out what went wrong or right...in this case I cooked it too long. But it was still edible and sooo good! Tip...if your bread is over cooked put it in a bag while it is cooling...the steam will soften the crust of the bread while its cooling! :D
We listened to conference and everyone was SOOOOO good and listening SOOOOO well to the speakers. It was awesome. What I love especially about conference is that I get to bake all day in my yoga pants while Nathan does this...
and this...
...during the breaks. It is lovely!  For dinner we had Corn Chowder and our Fav 20 min Breadsticks. 

I also had time to make Chocolate Reeses Pieces Cookies. :) 
I love conference for the talks for the stay at home for 2 days straight without leaving, the relaxed atmosphere and the FREAK weather we seem to get. I love how unpredictable our springs in Colorado are! :)  We watched The Errand of Angles tonight...my friend Erin Chambers is in it.  I met her at an airport a long time ago and you will never believe this but...she is on General Hospital right now!  Crazy right? She looked familiar to me and I facebooked her a few weeks ago and we have been emailing friends since! :) 
More random pics from today...


What a great weekend full of kids smelling and saying Mmmmmm.

8 comments:

  1. Such sweet pictures of your family!

    And your bread looks so yummy. Though, I could not make those cookies, as I would eat most of them myself.

    We got a ton of snow in Utah too--and yesterday it was great weather.

    My kids were not as well behaved as I would have liked, but I still loved conference. I think some of those talks were catered to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog makes me really nervous. You always make sure to say that your kids were "sooooo well behaved" whether its conference or eating at a restraunt. really!? I mean, my kids are pretty awesome too, but I can certainly admit that we had a few moments during conference. Or any day for that matter. I don't think your blog is very real, and it is really quite sad. Why do you feel like you have to sugar coat everything? Everything here is so syrupy and sticky sweet. I leave with a stomach ache, not thinking "awww what a sweet family." Are you going for the perfect mom/wife/cook award? It makes me scared for you and whats really going on inside your head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear "friend"
    Don't be nervous. They really were sooooo well behaved. I Don't feel the need to sugar coat more than focus on the positive.
    I don't need an award or need to defend myself on being perfect. I know that I am not and am totally fine with it.
    What I am nervous about is you calling me a friend when clearly you aren't...don't read my blog if it makes you sick. I feel bad for you actually that you don't get little perfect moments with your kids and feel the need to attack mine.
    thanks but no thanks to your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam Douglas Scholes (from facebook)4/4/11, 9:35 AM

    Such is life in colorado :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara Marshall (from facebook)4/4/11, 9:35 AM

    can you pass along the bread receipe??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mean and anonymous comments suck, and most of the time are from pitiful cowards who have low self esteem. I love you Val!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look so good. You inspire me to be a great mom some day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pissed that people think they need to knock you down. You know its probably some ugly bitch who doesn't have a clue on how to get her own life together so she needs to pick on yours. You are inspiring, you are great, and those who don't see it are just jealous and insecure about themselves! Man up and tell us who you are "friend" because you aren't a friend. YOu are ugly inside and know it.

    ReplyDelete