blarg

0-6 weeks not my favorite. My least favorite weeks are week 3 and week 7.  Once you hit 8 weeks you are golden. At least that is my experience with MY children.

Today marks the day of the 7th week for Juliet.  She has caught up from all of the non-BMs to having an explosion every hour.  She has been very uncomfortable all day and has had this grumpy demeanor all day.
After talking to a friend on the phone, I know its just a short weird period in every one of my kids life and it will pass...so far it always has, its just frustrating at the time when you are going through it at that moment.
She is still a great sleeper and awesome and wonderful-like all babies are, its just wearing when you have to tell 3 kids to leave her alone, or stop touching her or let her sleep and then when they do she wakes up and is covered in a light yellow substance. Usually all down her back. Haha.
yes we are 4 for 4 with kids who sleep with one eye open...thanks A LOT NATHAN
So what do I do?  I talk to the little sunshine in the house. She always makes the day better.  
Oh Scarlett - I love you. :) I especially love how you can't say the letter S when a consonant is next to it...
"-nowman!" "gary pidas"

I also ask Lucas to be the awesome big brother he is and read to Bridget so it will distract her long enough to forget about the crying baby who is on her 4th bath of the day.
I then tell Bridget how lucky I am to have another Mommy in the house (very very sarcastically) and she lovingly smiles because she doesn't yet understand sarcasm. Especially mine.

Then I do what is the running joke at Nathan's office and I bake.  The joke is that if its below 50 degrees the next day there will be cookies from me in the office for everyone to eat.  So far...this has been true. Why disappoint, why prove them wrong?  Today I made toffee cookies. Mmmm.

So that was today, you can bet that tonight I will be praying for a BM free day from my sweet 7 week old and nothing else to change because even the hard days are worth it.  I would never want to trade my kids (maybe Bridget J/K) or my life with anyone. :)

2 comments:

  1. Becky (from facebook)4/7/11, 7:50 AM

    My kids sleep with eyes open, too. Hoping for a better today... And you know that those kids are really great- it's so rewarding to see them play and do things together unbidden by you. Good job, kids! Good job, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scarlett is AdorAble! I see how you just love that sweet girl! Quin has that same problem with S's, I've noticed. He can say "S" or even "C" but when he's talking, he just skips it completely. Although, it's not just with consonants. He'll say "ee" for see and "now" for snow. Silly kids. But he's getting the R sound down all of a sudden and it's just so cute. Love this stage!! And, thanks for posting how it's worth it, even in the hard times, with kids. I've had a lot of nay-sayers when I tell them we're trying for another, for the fact that I had such a hard time with Quin.

    ReplyDelete