Weekend Warriors

Its conference weekend! I made an "Important Person Match-Up."  The kids had cards and velcro on the backs and on the wall was a poster board with velcro.  Once they recognized the speaker they matched the important person to their picture on the wall.  I wish I had a picture of it but they put it in their room for tomorrow and they are all already in bed. :(  Tomorrow!

Between conference was nap for the kids and Nathan got right to work.  Nathan also let the kids dress themselves, I need to write that out before I post pictures.  Okay.  This is what we were up to...
yea, see what I mean...sweats, flipflops, tank top and headband.  at least he tried!
This is the playset that came with the house.  Nathan took the swings off...
Then the ladder and other parts.
Lucas was in charge of removing bolts and screws.
Scarlett's job was staying in the rock box.
Bridget's job was to show off her assets...I mean move the slide.
Nathan moved the whole thing and reconstructed the playset. Turning it into a clubhouse/fort.  We were going to just buy a new playset but after helping the Montgomery's move and seeing their 3 story fort he was convinced he could build something awesome WITH the kids.
He fixed the picnic bench, added walls, moved the ladder and opening, added a roof and still is not done.
Bridget was concerned about Daddy's throat being dry so she was in charge of the water too.

After that it was time to go in for 2nd session. I LOOOOOOOVED Richard J. Maynes talk.  It was like he was talking to me, telling me I was right about everything I believe in and am doing in our home.  LOVED it!

Then it was time for Priesthood session so I took the kids for a bike ride...
these pics are from yesterday, but it was like deja vu  since the timing was the same and we went to the same place...
Except Bridget FINALLY took this hand me down velvet dress off that she got from Emma.
It was practically glued to her ALL day yesterday.

The kids were FILTHY when we got home.  I hate it because its so gross but I love it because it means they played hard.  It was nearly a perfect day! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a great day, very cool fort! In my family, when you're showing off your, uh, assets, you are told "your (insert last name here) is showing", so now the little kids know that when we say "your smith is showing" they know to pull up their pants.

    ReplyDelete