Berry Fun Day!

We woke up and got going. We do not mess around on Saturdays! 
We drove over to Berry Patch Farms. It is so close to our house, we might ride bikes next time.

 Chickens and a Turkey(not pictured) greeted us and we were on our way. 


Bacon Bits is HUGE!
The strawberry truck had just pulled up so we piled in and drove over. It was beautiful this morning. I think it was around 55-60. 


Juju was a little nervous about the absence of doors.


We really love this place. Nathan was so glad he was home to join us.


The girls knew just what to do.


So did Juliet - EAT them!



Lucas went right to the back and found some delicious red ones.


It was so peaceful and quiet and hardly anyone around. The kids were free to roam and take their time.


They were SO sweet! I have never had a strawberry that sweet in my life. It was like eating candy!


Which was why it was hard to keep Jules from eating them!
We took the truck back to the raspberries and went to the side fields.
Again, there was no one there and they were big full bushes.




I tried to show Juliet how to do it, but she was not interested in the how-to's.


 Mace was so exited to be with everyone else. He just laughed and laughed and made bubbles.


 While we were weighing, we could smell something so amazing.  They were roasting chilies (first time of the season) on site. It was a glorious smell, so we picked some up. The farm has a bunch of organic things ready to buy too!



My whole car smelled so good on the inside, but the outside was a different story.
 So, Nathan and the kids washed the van.



Bridget was so into this! Haha.  
PS - this is the last of the red door! It is getting painted next week!

For dinner we had, ahem:
Bacon, Green Chile, Tomato, Cheddar, Grilled Onion Burgers.
Here, Dad.


They were inhaled.

 I have some plans for these puppies, so Nathan cleaned them up for me and we froze them. Thanks, Babe!


For dessert, we had Strawberry Shortcake.


 I just had a bowl of berries. I didn't need anything else.
They (BPF) were picked out until Thursday. I am hoping to get back before the season is over. 
If anyone wants to go with me, give me a holla!

3 comments:

  1. Holla!!! I was thinking about commenting telling you to let me know when you go next, but then I read the bottome. I would love to go, I never know where any of these things are

    ReplyDelete
  2. me! and emma emma emma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that place.I really just need to move back!!!

    ReplyDelete