Flashback Friday : August 2006

Today is National S'more's Day!

It reminded me of when Nathan and I first moved to Woodglen.
We were both called to work with the youth. We had been in the ward 9 months when Lucas was born.
This particular year the kids went on the Trek so there were no Youth Camps.
Instead we did a combined YW/YM Boot camp.

We both went with our 1 month old.
It was so much fun. Lucas was the ward mascot. 
All of the kids held Lucas and were helpful with him because Nathan and I were in charge of the food.
I swear, when people hear a Witte is going camping that means we are automatically the cooks of the activity.  It was interesting, to say the least. 

I don't remember where this outfit came from, but all of the kids at the camp got camo bandanas so Lucas fit right in! :D


 There was a canoeing portion of the camp and while the kids were racing from one island to the other, we sat back and were dubbed first aid people.

 Lucas slept great in the tent and even flashed his first smile!


Here we were making roasted potatoes and sage meat balls.
See the dutch ovens? That was only 1/3 of what we made.


During one of the firesides Lucas passed out, so I put him in the tent and had some girls french braid my hair.








And, because I was there - there were Itineraries.
I still have it because it was awesome, scheduled fun rules!

 It was a super fun time, and the reason I posted this was because of S'mores Day.
We made S'mores Nachos with the youth and they got a little too crazy with the lighter fluid and the smores tasted like carbon goo.

Ahahahaha. Fun times!
I miss working with the youth. It was a short 9 months.
Since we have been in the ward I have never had a calling longer than 9 months.
Unless you count Activities Committee. I did that for 6 years. :)

I posted the whole album to facebook. Check it out. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment