Tasty Surprises

If you have ever seen a brussel sprout plant in action ( I never had) you would know that you need to plant them far apart. We didn't, and so this is what our yard looked like:

image from week seed company
Except ours were horribly over grown and out of control.
But - they were GOOOD!

If it came from our yard, my kids will eat it.
I never had Brussels Sprouts growing up, but I have loved them as an adult,
and so I am glad to give them to my offspring.


They didn't even need bacon! I roasted them with shallots and garlic and my oh my!


We had them with Grilled Pork Chops and Applesauce for dinner.
We will be having them again this week because we have like 200! I can't wait to freeze them, and next year I will probably plant 2. Haha.

Now, we picked up some Kale at Sunflower.
I love Kale, I have been trying to incorporate it more into the kids meals.
It is a weird plant.
First Up, Kale Chips!




I swear to you, my kids LOVED them. I mean, even after dinner they asked if they could have more for dessert! Seriously! Nathan liked them too!
I have been teased at park day for liking Kale so much, but really it can go in anything...
Like popcorn!


 Crush it up, add Parmesan and a bit of butter for binding and you have Parmesan Kale Popcorn!


This was so good! I am making it again for our Sunday movie night next week!

If you have a chance, try these two veggies!
You will surprise yourself, on how good they are, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE brussels sprouts! My family, however, does not. Well, Natalie sort of does, and I guess Andur, too, but I've never been able to grow them successfully... I don't think we have the right climate for that. But what's your roasting recipe? That looks super yum! :)

    ReplyDelete