Update to Surgery

My surgery was 5 hours instead of 3.

They were going to do a c-section type of incision, but decided to do lapriscopy at the last minute. (for better recovery)

They found a 4 inch tumor behind the muscle wall, and removed it.

It is benign.

They had to make 9 incisions instead of 4 because my hernia was 6.7 inches. They repaired it with mesh.

They found a few things on my intestinal wall, but didn't remove intestine because it wasn't cancerous. They just scraped it clean and took it to the lab.

I can barely walk, and it hurts to move, but I am cancer free. I am hernia free. I am alive.

Whew!


2 comments:

  1. When you told me on the phone it wasn't cancerous, I about cried I was so happy for you! What a huge huge huge blessing! So glad for the power of prayer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so disconnected! I'm just now reading this today. I feel terrible that I didn't know. I need to get online more than once a week. I hope you're recovering well. SOOO scary :-(

    ReplyDelete