Making Ornaments

One of our Advent activities was to make an ornament for the tree.

As I mentioned earlier, we have 5 advent calendars. This is because I did not like sharing 1 with my sister growing up, so each kid gets their own. 

Each Calendar has different things.
1)candy
2)scripture
3)Lego
4)activity
5)book/movie

I buy the lego advent for Lucas the kids every year. We rotate so each kid get to have each thing. It wouldn't be fair if one person only got candy, right?

Anyway, back to the ornaments. We do a different theme for our tree each year. This year I picked Reindeer, because we bought the kids the original Rudolph movie, and I think they are so cute!

As one of our Sunday stations, I had the kids paint the clothes pins...





Then on the cool setting, they hot glued the eyes and nose and bodies together.






Each kid will get one when they move out, and I will have a few for my tree too!
This makes 2 for their collection. We will make them until Mason turns 18 and then everyone will have 18 hand made ornaments, I hope to continue this tradition with my grandbabies. 
Bridget has already promised me 9, so we will have plenty of ornaments to think about in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment