First Grade Breakfast

At the beginning of the school year each class had 27 students, then they hired a new first grade teacher and now each class has about 19-20 students. Lucas was very happy he was able to stay in Mrs. H's class.
I was too, she is such a great teacher. 


The girl closest to the camera is Hazel. She is the principal's daughter, and she is a sweetie pie.
She always tells Lucas his jokes are funny. This was the first time I was able to help in the class this year.
I have helped at home, but actually being there is so different.


Mrs. H told me that at the beginning of the year, Jusztina was really having a hard time making her face so Lucas helped her. She tried 3x to do just the right face, and used all of the "peach" paper. Lucas didn't mind, he gave Jusztina his piece of peach paper before he realized they were all gone. When he saw that the dark brown was left he just made his without complaint.  Now that 8 kids are no longer in the class looking at this bulletin board makes me kind of laugh. All of these cute kids, and my orangutan son, Lucas (at the bottom)

Jusztina "made the cut" and also stayed in the class.


She writes Lucas notes all of the time. Lucas talks about her at home quite a bit.
She is sooooo tiny. 


I helped the kids take their Math assessment.
Then it was time for the party. This boy was teaching Lucas how to make a "cool S" can you see it?
Do you remember doing this? I totally do!

Lucas has grown so much and is a smart little cookie. He is past the 25s in reading and plowing through math. He absolutely loves doing greater than and less than and has started to really enjoy multiplying.

First Grade is so much more fun than Kindergarten. :)

I can't wait till next semester, I get to help with 3 science units! YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment