Animals, Trains, and Turtle Poop

We went to the LA ZOO today with Grandma!  It was 65, beautiful and the kids were all sunscreened up until I realized I didn't have my memory stick in my camera! AAH!  So ALL of these pictures were taken with my cell phone.  I think they are okay but not the best.  Who cares the kids had fun and this is one of the best Zoo's I have ever been to.
Almost everything was right at the kids level AND really up close and easy to see!
The rhino was like right there!
There were 3 levels to see most of the animals this is the upper part of the Giraffe area...
we were so close we could hear him eating!
The whole zoo was open and lush and jungle like!
Bridget and Grandma near the Bears.
Scarlett loved every minute of the walking all by herself. 
Check out that Tortoise!
Grandma and Scarlett by the Monkey area.
Bridget found her long lost family!
I actually enjoyed the entire Ape area.  This was the best exhibit(s) 
there was 5 levels and plenty of places to see the apes.
Chubbs having fun.
I just wanted to reach out and pet him!
It was a great day at the zoo...and man are my shoulders WHITE!

After a little lunch in the car we drove over to the Travel Time Museum.
Again, camera phone...sucky!
Lucas loved this place!
You could walk through the trains and go inside and it was really neat to see the old trains and new ones too.
Grandma and Lucas by a big steam engine!
The kids on the very first firetruck!
On this trip every kid got a flat oval penny.
Lucas  -  Mickey Soda Shop
Bridget  -  Los Angeles Zoo
Scarlett  -  Train Museum

They all covet theirs every night. We have a special place in our "home" that they have to sit and look at them.
The kids even got to ride a train!
2 times. Scarlett LOVED this!
After the train museum we parted ways for naptime!

Then met up with Gramps and Grams at Kings Fish House!
as you can see the kids ate well,,,
Who cares...they got what they wanted...attention and love!
After dinner we walked through Calabasas's town square for some fun.
There was a ton of cool sculptures and a little pond with turtles and fish in it.
The kids thought this was neat...
Some of the sculptures shot water out.
Lucas figured he would skip the asking and just get water for himself.
I said out loud that I thought it was recycled water and that Lucas was drinking Turtle Poop.
He about turned green!
We had a great time seeing you Grandma and Grandpa Horn!
Except Grandpa needs to work on the Cory face!
hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to talk to you and see you guys!

    ReplyDelete