Santa Monica Morning

Lucas woke up and announced that he is never sleeping with 2 girls again. I look over and see what he is talking about...
I promised him that I would fix the situation with Bridget and Brenda (Bridget named her baby that) and he said he didn't want to nap with them today so I said he could nap in our bed.

We got dressed and headed out to the Temple.  The Los Angeles Temple is such a neat Temple and I am glad that we took them there.
the fountains
Lucas started singing his favorite Primary song "I belong to the church..."
It was cute!
I told the kids that Keegan's mommy and daddy were married here AND Grandma and Grandpa Witte.
They thought this was so cool.
The Temple is on the top of this hill, it is really cool to look down.
Lucas wanted to take a picture of how tall the Temple was.  He did a good job showing it!
There are some really interesting trees at the temple. This is one.
Here is another. Speaking of interesting...there were 9 of these all around the building...
Its funny to me.
Here is the Family Statue.
It is really a nice place. The kids were running towards a bride...there were 2 weddings today!
After that I picked up some G's and they have several different options now that I didn't know about!  You should check it out! Since we were down that way we headed to the beach!
Santa Monica is a fun place for kids.
Lucas was checking out some 5 year olds.
We walked along the pier and checked out the vendors.
I am so lucky I married this hottie! hehe
Bridget found the must have hat of the season.
Lucas insisted this was the correct way to wear the hat.
-then-
Bridget found the Macaws, wanted to try and hold one and if you know how she is with dogs this will make you laugh so hard...
He let her pet it and it flapped its wings and Bridget SCREAMED SOOO LOUD the police on bikes came over to see what was going on.

She thinks she likes animals until they get close to her.
Lucas is indifferent with animals but he told me he thought he could be brave for the police.
What a stud! 
*P.S. When did this boy grow up...look at him he looks huge right?* 
(Check out terrified Bridget in the back) HAHAHAHAHA

The wind was blowing a nice cool breeze and we thought we would walk a little bit more before playing in the sand.
My bebe is so cute!
The kids noticed all by themselves that there is water under the pier!
Me and my 3!

-okay beach time-
Seriously, I love this man!
Scarlett's first experience with sand...she liked it!
They all did really.
I look over and Nathan is so funny writing "I love Val" in the sand
We decided to put our tootsies in the water and where the water ended there was a trail of ladybugs.
We also found butterfly shells.
Lucas wanted to send some to his cousins.
More ladybugs.

The kids are napping and we are going to be out late tonight so I thought I would post our adventure of a day right now before we leave.

It was so much fun today!

3 comments:

  1. We've been in that Temple! It is soooo big! Oh and I am amazed by all the lady bugs. That is kinda creepy. Plus all I could think about when you showed a picture of the butterfly shells is "I wonder what you could make with those" Crafts on the brain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for remembering us!!! We sure love that temple and I hope we can take our kids there someday! Looks like you guys are having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucas is definitely growing up but look at Scarlett! She is too! Looks like you're having fun in the sun! Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

    ReplyDelete