Delayed - a must read!

The kids worked things out.
Scarlett was tuckered out.
We pack the last little bits and head out.
We return the rental van at 9:30.
We take the hotel shuttle to the bus stop at 10:00.
We get on the first bus at 10:06.
We get off the first but at 10:20.
We have a snack while we wait for the second bus.
We get on the bus at 10:38.

It drops us off at the FlyAway in Van Nuys at 11:00.
We take the FlyAway and arrive at LAX at 11:35.
We weigh the bags and 2 of them are 55 pounds so we repack and eat some more.
Scarlett loves string cheese!
We wait, and wait and wait and board the plane at 3:55.
A woman sits in front of us and says very loudly that she is afraid to fly. (this is important for later)
The male flight attendant hold up a pair of pink lacy undies and said "did anyone loose these?"
Everyone looks up and he laughs and says "just kidding they are mine...but now that I have your attention I am going to do the spiel of what happens if there is a change in cabin pressure." Everyone laughs.

He does his thing and says "if you are traveling with children, man we feel sorry for you!  if the oxygen masks drop - stop screaming, pull yourself together, put the mask on yourself and then pick your favorite kid and they can be next then go down the line accordingly." everyone laughs.

He was great, he even made a scavenger hunt for the kids on the plane diagram thing.  First prize got a candy bar!
Lucas and Bridget were trying so hard to find everything.
They didn't win, but he let them pass out the snacks to the other kids! Did I mention that there were 18 kids on this plane!

It was a great flight!
We get to Denver 20 minutes early...then they announce that we have to wait for 20 minutes in the air because of the thunderstorm in Denver. I am not worried because I brought back up with me (lollipops) so the kids are just looking at the dark clouds outside when the piolt says in urgency..."flight attendants get in your seats!"
We start to descend and it starts pounding rain on the plane. It was a very bumpy ride down. The woman in front of us is gripping her seat and starts to cry...we all could hear it.
We start to see lightening and Lucas yells "I can see Jesus!"
The woman vomits!
I tell Lucas to be quiet that he is scaring the woman in front of him and he said "I know I saw him, does that mean I am dead?"
She (the woman) screams so loudly the flight attendant runs up to help her.
I couldn't help but laugh (silently, of course) and I so wished Nathan was on this flight.

We land 35 minutes after we were supposed to and then we had to wait on the tarmac for another hour and 45 minutes because of the lightening. No one was leaving so we had to wait.

Don't worry about my kids because I brought library books and my felt mats so the kids were plenty occupied.  I decided to let them walk up to the pilots door and walk back to me so they could stretch their legs and Lucas went first up and down 2x.  The flight attendant calls the pilot while Bridget is walking and she touches the door walks back and then the second time right as she walks up to the pilot door, the captain burst open the door and Bridget FREAKED out...it was hilarious!

We get off the plane and get the bags and we were supposed to be home by 8:15 but we didn't get home till 11:45.

It is 8am and my kids are still asleep!  I loved our trip but I am glad to be home! :)

*side notes
We took the bus because the shutter cost $60, the bus $11.50 and we had time to kill.  Nathan's plane took off 15 minutes before ours and we landed 6 minutes before his...his plane almost went to the Springs to land because the storms were so bad!

6 comments:

  1. Actually you are lucky. They had tornado warnings over the airport yesterday, and they were in lock down for awhile. That storm you flew through was a nasty one. Plus HUGE hail. I'm glad you landed safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we got stuck in the hail. It was fun. Jack-Jack sitting in the back seat yelling, "Mommy, Daddy! LOUD!"

    My favorite thing about ramp closures due to lightning at the airport? When the pilots call me wondering why they haven't been parked yet. See that bright flash of light? You realize you're in a huge metal can, right? Yeah, park yourself, fool.

    We actually had a tug get struck and catch on fire last year. It was AWESOME. Cuz no one was on it. That wouldn't have been awesome.

    Oh, and I find it absolutely hilarious that Lucas "saw Jesus" and the lady threw up. That is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlett Looks JUST like Lucas in the pic of her in the stroller with the baby and pacifier. I am off on Fridays now so... Hint hint...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I just about peed my pants laughing! That poor lady! puking and all because lucas saw Jesus! Priceless!
    Glad that you made it home safely in spite of those nasty storms! And glad that you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fuuny. I had to share it with my husband. We had a good laugh. Kids keep you young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great adventure. I'm glad you are safe and sound back home. Did you cut your trip short? I was thinking you weren't going to be back until next week, but I'm glad you had a great trip! laters! ~tara

    ReplyDelete