Christmas 2010 - in parts - part 2

What I made for the kids:

45 pieces of FELT FOOD!!!!
This is a small amount but I am so proud of myself!

A FELT CITY:
Do you have cut outs in your family/living room?  I took the cut outs and made panels that are actually store fronts to the city I made a Pet Shop (which doubles as a pet clinic)
Behind it there are shelves and a stretcher and a dog pillow and I just noticed my bunny doesn't have eyes. Hahaha, Naptime will fix that!

A Beauty Parlor and a Dress Shop (my kids won't let me put it up yet)

I made a mini Post Office for the back of a bookcase:
To go with these different shops I made mailbags with envelopes that have removable stamps and they are all personalized. I made felt money, and felt bandaids and wraps and felt packages.  There is still more to make but this was the basic stuff.

A Grocery Store:


I made a diaper bag for my girls and their babies.
The kids all got specific dress ups like a zoo keeper, 2 doctors, and a grocery apron.
I really went crazy this year with my sewing machine but it was totally worth it because they have not left the toy room in 2 days.  I couldn't have done any of it without Tara or Chrystal so thank you to them!

There are a few tweaks that I still need to make now that I have seen them play in there but I will add to it gradually and watch them get excited every time they get something new for their City, which they have named ZonaZona City.


I also am proud of my new and improved toy check out system.
 Here are the labels for each box.
It has worked out beautifully so far.

What do you think?

10 comments:

  1. I think you are one talented lady! Those are fabulous looking! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all, Val! AWESOME job! You're amazing.

    I keep toys separated in bins/tubs like that also, and only one tub can be out at a time. It makes life so much easier!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaney (from facebook)12/28/10, 7:27 AM

    What do you do for your toy check out system, and what types of fabric did you use? Is it felt? THANKS.....it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney Leal (from facebook)12/28/10, 7:28 AM

    I really need you to come organize our playroom asap! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilary (from facebook)12/28/10, 7:31 AM

    that is incredible! I want to play at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tara Cleverley (from facebook)12/28/10, 7:31 AM

    Yes, I would also love more info on the toy check out system you are using. It sounds awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rachel Eidson (from facebook)12/28/10, 7:32 AM

    Way to go! I should learn how to sew. It looks GREAT :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah Graf (from facebook)12/28/10, 7:32 AM

    gorgeous felt food!! I'm also curious about your toy check out system

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...Toy checkout sounds familiar, haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tell me MORE about this toy checkout system of which you speak!!!

    ReplyDelete