Playing in the Snow

One of our advent "To Do's" was to go out and play in the snow.  Well here are my kids playing in the snow:

I need to add it's DECEMBER 3rd. In Colorado. And it was a gorgeous 64 degree day
Needless to say we took full advantage and ate lunch outside:
  Rode Bikes:

Threw caution to the wind and removed our jackets to be free from Winter....for now. I thought it would be fun if I took the kids to the park, so I piled them into the car and drove down the street to my neighborhood park when a White car in front of me quickly breaked. Then whipped to the right and drove right into the garage and proceeded to drive into the living room of this house.  It was so loud and my kids were totally freaked out. I had my camera on me and my kids begged begged to stay and watch for the ambulance and firetruck and police. I am such a great mom I said "Of course!" LOL

We waited patiently and they told me to go home and wait for the police so I could explain what happened.
Then we went back to figure out what exactly happened and if the bloody kid was still alive. Lucas was sure he was dead. I told him to listen to the fireman and not ask any questions.
The fireman and owner of the house told me that the downs syndrome kid across the street grabbed his parents car keys and go for a joy ride on the other side of the neighborhood.
He is in critical condition and the house is unsafe to live in at the moment.
The chain of events that lead to this accident is incredible.  No one was harmed (except the driver) and there were several witnesses.  It makes you wonder what would have happened if I were in front of him!

I am grateful that someone is watching over me and my children.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That's so much worse when it's someone else crashing into your house- how sad!
    At least it was a beautiful day- Jacob and I spent a lot of time outside today too trying to soak it in!

    ReplyDelete