Anniversary Evening!!

One thing that is really important to me is that we go OUT on our Anniversary. That we get dressed up and hit the town.  It is also VERY important to me that we pick a restaurant we have never been to and that we order something we would never order.

When it started snowing yesterday I panicked because the dress I was going to wear would have been a bad choice so I wore pants instead. :(  But its cool, we still had a great time.  Kira came over, the kids were happy to see her and then we hit the road.  It was so icy and snowy but kind of neat that it was so quiet outside.

We went to Larimer Square and walked around for awhile.  It was so beautiful with the lights and the snow falling it was like twinkling all around us. Don't get me wrong it was FREEZING but there was something so special about it all. Nathan then joked that I can't complain about the weather because I CHOSE to get married in February. Haha.

I picked Feb because I wanted it to snow on my wedding day and it never did, but for the last 6 years it has snowed on our Anniversary - FIGURES!

I have been talking about Osterio Marco for a long time, actually since Rachel told me about it like 2 years ago. Nathan was so excited to suprise me with his choice (we switch years on who gets to pick) that when we walked in the cheese and meat guy right by the front door noticed and gave us a sampling of proscuitto and some house made cheese that was so strong. It was good though. I love italian meats and cheeses! Mmmmm.

Then we were seated and began to order.
We ordered :
-The meat and cheese special sampler, which was a special pairing for that night - DELISH.
-The Steamed PEI Mussels.  Oh my goodness this was the BEST thing WE ATE! The broth was sooooooooooo good they gave us 2 orders of bread just to dip.  Nathan has never had mussels before so he didn't know what to expect.  Thank you Grandpa Jerry for introducing me at such a young age because they are one of my FAVORITE things to eat, but never order.
-Steamed Cherry Peppers, Nathan really wanted to try them and they were really good too.
Then we decided a pizza and meal would be good to share too so we ordered the Lamb Meatballs and the House Sausage Pizza and they both were good.

The atmosphere in this place was so neat.  A couple were sitting next to us and the husband was trying to convince the wife to have a kid.  He kept saying we have been married 8.5 years its time! He looked over at us and said oh look she is pregnant how long have you two been married? Nathan proudly said 6 years, and that is our 4th baby coming in week or so.  The man's eyes got huge and laughed at his wife and then said well that is just crazy I just want one. A son to take to baseball games. Nathan then said you don't get to pick, just so you know.  This (pointing to my belly) is our 3rd girl...in a row! The man promptly turned a shade of white and said okay okay I will drop it. Haha it was so funny.

We left after saying goodbye to our meat and cheese guy.
He dropped a plate so he couldn't pose with us. :(

After dinner we walked some more and Nathan said that our date wasn't over.  He bought tickets to the King's Speech but because of the weather we would have to see it next weekend if I wasn't having a baby.

But there was one more thing - CHEESECAKE!!!

Nathan had the Chocolate Tuxedo Cream Cheesecake and I had the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut and Caramel Cheesecake. We walked into the Tabor Center to stay warm and eat our dessert. It was cozy and warm and sooo quiet. It was really fun to just be out and enjoy each other's company. We go out at least once a month but we never go downtown.  We usually go to a local chain or somewhere that is fast and easy. I am glad we keep up the tradition of going downtown and doing something a little fanicer to celebrate our anniversary.  I am even more excited to see the King's Speech. I LOVE COLIN FIRTH (even if he is older than my Dad!) haha,

We are almost done with the girls room and should be posting about that sometime this week. :)
Until then I am going to finish making breakfast for the family...Have I mentioned that the only good thing about 1pm church is fancy breakfasts on Sunday mornings? Well it is my favorite. :)

And before I get blasted because its Fast Sunday - we are skipping this month in case the baby comes today :)  Crossing fingers almost 38 weeks...it could happen!

1 comment:

  1. I never remember fast Sunday anymore. I get so used to not fasting that I completely forget about it till I show up for church. ha ha

    ReplyDelete