Labor

of LOVE!

It has taken a full week of painting to get the look I wanted in the girls room and its finally done...well the painting!  It is worth it because 
a) I love to paint 
b) I love to sew
-and-
c) It's more fun than cleaning! Haha

Oh did you think I was talking about the baby?  
Well I can't have her until after my enrichment on the 15th. But -  I know it will be soon! :)

Back to the room.  This is the inspiration for the room:
This is the Sham to the Girls Bed.

Here are all the painted walls...
Now its time to put together the bunk beds, crib and curtains...the bedding needs the last touch ups and of course the cool wall stuff I made. :)

Here is a close up of the curtains I made out of sheets.
I did a ruffle to match the shams.

Here is a preview of the bumper:

Trust me those lines are PERFECT -
Here is how we did the dots.
I used a circle punch with laminated sheets.
Basically I made my own stencil.

What do you think?
I will post the whole thing once it's done.

I'm off to make the crib skirt.

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe you have the energy to do all of that right now. Great job! Can't wait to see the finished product!!! Maybe all your creative genius is being passed down to the baby as you paint:)

    PS: I just noticed you follow Ruffles and Stuff too. My sister in law showed me her site a couple years ago..I can't get enough. have you ever looked at whipup.net (an addicting site mainly featuring other blogs) Disney is featured in a lot of other people's blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love the room. Love the shams and the curtains and the paint. You did an awesome job. Love It!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are amazing!

    i love all of it!

    how could you sit for that long at 38 weeks?

    whew, I am tired just looking at it, but it is AWESOME.

    you should teach a class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! Way to go seamstress Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEE!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love what I see so far!! Great job, super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cassie Whitesides (from facebook)2/9/11, 8:14 PM

    So cute, you can come do my babys room:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kandi Colwell (from facebook)2/9/11, 8:14 PM

    I LOVE it!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kandi Colwell (from facebook)2/9/11, 8:45 PM

    Exactly! AND there are yellow ones! I will have to show this to Ali, as soon as we get her room clean we're going to paint it and she already has some ideas a lot like this...will let you know if I need painting help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's AMAZING!!! Please come decorate my house for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy CRAP that's a lot of detail! That just makes me tired!

    But it's also adorable, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you could come to my house and do that in a few of my rooms that would be great! So cute!

    ReplyDelete