Filling in the Blanks

So yesterday I blogged about how my parents took the kids.

Well I forgot to post about the kids meeting Juliet for the first time, so I will start there.
Juliet was born on the most beautiful day in February. It was 60s and my kids didn't need jackets!
The kids were so excited to come to the hospital after school/nap and all of their Wednesday Activities.
Lucas was insistent that he hold her first since he was the big brother. The girls watched and then each got a turn.  Scarlett was so excited but really didn't want to hold her.
Lucas fed her and then the girls burped her.
It was such a special time in the hospital room with our whole family.
The peace and happiness from everyone made it all so magical.
Lucas was really concerned about me being hooked up to so many machines. Scarlett was so excited about the stickers the nurses gave to the siblings.

The whole staff was so nice to the kids, they got a mini tour of the hospital.
Where Juliet was born, the different nurses stations they got to peek in the nursery and then they got to push the new baby button.  All of the nurses gushed over my Witte chinned kids and every time they came to visit everyone said hi to my kids by name. It was really cool.

Here are more pictures from another visit.
You would think I  was in the hospital for days and days but I only stayed until Friday morning. I just forgot to post everything in the right order.
I have been feeling great. I have only taken Motrin with a one time one pill of percocet because Lucas accidentally ran into my incision on Thursday afternoon. The nurses thought I should take it in case I felt it later.


So - Back to Yesterday.
The kids came to meet up with Grandma and Grandpa.
We played and laughed and matched.
Juliet doesn't like matching everyone but she will learn.
All the kids had Elephant shirts on, Lucas's was soaking wet so he put a different shirt on for the picture.
It was coming home day!

My parents got there and scooped up the older 3
Took them to the TOY STORE, MCDonalds, back to the hotel for nap, and were crazy little chickens for them.  My parents also figured out that my description for the kids were spot on.
Lucas the Obedient.
Bridget is TROUBLE.
Scarlett the Sweetie.

Eventhough Bridget tried to burn down the hotel 2x they all survived.
I recieved some hilarious texts from my dad throughout the day like 
"Duct Tape and the Mini Bar are a Grandparents best friend."
Haha.
There were lots more but we won't get itno that right now.

We were discharged, buckled Juliet into the seat and she was freaking out and needed another bottle before we could leave the hospital...
She is such a good eater and pretty much has been asleep since birth.
We decided to meet up at 6 for dinner.
We had Happy Sumo!  I guess it was my choice because I really really really wanted to go here.
I brought some games to play while we waited for the food.
A few firsts - The kids tried SUSHI.
L- Yum!
B- I don't like the black stuff
S- More?
And - CHOPSTICKS!
Or Chapsticks! Bridget kept asking the server for her chapstick. It was funny.
We ate delicious sushi, and a few other things and then we walked the Orchard.
They have a little playground there so we played there for awhile.
Everyone had fun and then we parted ways.

It was a great night and all morning I have heard about their day yesterday with just Grandma and Grandpa.
My kids had a great time, and again I am so glad they came to visit.

They leave tonight and I think I am not the only one who will cry when they leave.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!! She is beautiful. Way to go, Mom & Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you guys. I love the tender way the kids act around Juliet. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete