Who woulda thunk?

Who woulda thunk

that this boy...
Nathan's Senior Picture 1996.

could have convinced this girl...
My senior picture 2000
(clearly before I learned about tweezers or wax. Hahaha.)

to marry him?

I am so lucky to have you in my life Nathan.  Not only as a husband and father but as a friend and companion. I am also EXTREMELY glad we didn't meet in High School because we would NOT have worked out. Haha.

Before we got married the late Don Haynie gave us this quote from Leo Tolstoy: 

"What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility. "

He must have known that we were Science and Math nerds and that a compatibility quote would be totally spot on for us. Haha.

Thank you Nathan for never giving up and always loving me 110%  You are the most supportive person I know and I could never be married to anyone else. It always made me laugh when people who knew you or knew me throughout the years would tell us that "we made sense" when referencing our "compatibility."

Thank you also for giving me some cute babies and tolerating my incessant need to redecorate or tackle a HUGE project right before I have a baby - or anytime for that matter. :)

And thank you for sending me this quote today in my daily good morning email -

"A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year."
Paul Sweeney 

To which I must respond back - 
" I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. "
Rita Rudner
(i looooooove this quote)

I can't wait to post what we are doing tonight.  Here is a fun wedding picture until tomorrow. :)


1 comment:

  1. Is it just me, or is he looking right at your boobs? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! *sniff* Sorry... *tear* that's just funny.

    p.s. I'm still laughing! ;)

    ReplyDelete