This, that and oh yea -

Saturday morning we decided to DEMO the girls dysfunctional/nonfunctional closet.
You can totally tell a man designed the closets in newer homes because they just slapped a shelf and a rod and called it done.  No thought at all.  So after months of trying to fit 3 VERY cute but EXCESSIVE amounts of girl clothes into the closet it was time to revamp it.

Plus I had to fit bunk beds, a crib and clothes into this room. So here is what we did.

We primed the old pink closet. Repainted it a different shade of pink. Ripped out the shelf.
Sanded, re drywalled, puttied and primed again.
Painted it one last time.

Then installed the new system.
Most people don't like the wired shelving, but I like it because it doesn't get dusty, I can see right through it and Lowes will cut it any length you want right there for you. Awesome. I am all about instant results. Plus this quick fix was under $45 for the shelving and brackets and cutting!

I found these white baskets on Clearance at Lowes and they are plastic so they wipe right off!

The Green Box has blessing outfits and the certificates in them.  Each basket has fun stuff in it.

What is missing...the tall white dresser and the mirror over the dresser. Oh and the yellow gingham curtain that will hang instead of doors.Other than that once it arrives with the beds the room will be done!
I gave you a little sneak peek at what the room looks like...more on that later.

Oh yea -
Bridget got her way and got 4.5 inches cut off her hair on Saturday too.  Isn't it so cute?  I love how it makes her cute cheeks look. :)
To this!

What do you think of the closet?

Post Edit - thank you netflix for having Land Before Time on Instant Play so I could paint trim this afternoon. :D

Land Before Time - Thanks a lot for making my kids cry when the Mom died. I had to sit with them for 20 minutes and assure them I was not going to be killed by Sharp Tooth.

Lucas thank you for telling the girls the reality - "Dinosaurs won't kill mom - wrinkles and gray hair will."

6 comments:

  1. Love Love Love it! Is that hand painted gingham on the walls?

    I can't wait to see the room now!

    You are amazing. I wish I had that kind of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute closet, cute hair, and Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the reorganization! Bridget's hair was really cute at school. I thought it looked shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the closet!! Awesome job. I agree with the wired shelving - we have that in our house and I love it to for that same reason - dust free! :) Love Bridget's new hair-do, too! So adorable. Can't wait to see the rest of the room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little girls look great with bobs!

    Also I met a little girl named Bridget the other day and she was in no way like your awesome girl.

    There truly is only one BRIDGET!

    I looooooove the closet and room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love many things about this post - the gingham on the walls, the organized closet, Bridget's cute little bob and Lucas' explanation of what will kill you. HA.

    ReplyDelete