2x the fun or 5x the fun

depending on how you look at it.

Our day started early because I had to get up and make a cake for Nathan's work party.
Milky Way Cake! Mmmmm

Then at 8:30 our friends were closing on their house so we had the girls over to play...
We decided that this would be a PERFECT opportunity to cross Item 3 off our 50 things this summer.

#3 - Have a Watermelon Seed Spitting Contest.

I would like to thanks my father for teaching me how to pick the perfect watermelon. 
 I bet you are thinking...wait - where do you find a watermelon that's NOT seedless?
 this was one of two seeds found in the watermelon I bought.
We will get to that.
I of course had to make it more technical so we did it scientifically...
 First eat the watermelons.
 Try them with salt.
 sneak an extra piece or two...
 Then talk about why seeds are white and how some are black.
Then it was time to solve the problem of seedless watermelons...
 The lone two are the ACTUAL seeds. The top are raisins! :)
 Then we spit.
 Love it.
 Then we measure.
 Then record results and then eat some more!
 Very technical stuff.
 The results...of course I participated.

After that we played Littlest Pet Shoppe and Laura and her kids stopped by.
They are visiting me their family and today was the last day to get together.

So we played and showed off our babies...
 Bridget with Daxton a few days shy of 3 months.
 Maddie with Juliet a little over 3 months.
 Bridget doin her thang. Haha.
 We approved of this union.
The kids played beautifully together. I don't even want to tell you everything that was in that clubhouse.
 A sad good bye.
 One last "happy" pose (scarlett)

Then they had to go.

It was a VERY busy and fun day.

It ended with 
Carmelized Onion Tart with Bacon and a Salad for dinner!
Thats right I made a pate sucree Crust! One more and I finished a 30 before 30 task!

So - 2x like 2 play dates or 5x because thats how many friends we had here!

5 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! Salt and Watermelon is such a yummy treat! I first tried salt on watermelon at girls camp..who would of thought it would be so grand:) I love all the fun you and your family have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am keeping track of what you guys have planned this summer. You should label it for us to make it easier to stalk you.

    You are a great babysitter/friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom does lemon juice on watermelon and says it's delicious as well. We had so much fun. Thanks for inviting us to play. We'll have to take pictures of Dax and JuJu everytime I visit now;) I also may need that recipe. It's looks amazing and my mouth is literally watering right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are trying the milky way cake today/tomorrow! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I happened to stumble upon your blog! I love the watermelon seed... err raisin... spitting contest! So fun LOL

    I am bookmarking you! :)

    ReplyDelete