Fathers Day 2011

It is so funny to me that every year we are a little older, hopefully wiser, have a new kid, and Nathan's "special meal" is different every time. But one thing that never ceases is the love Nathan has for me and our children.  Our kids always know that Daddy loves Mommy and them too.  

I think its funny when people let their Dad's take a "break" or sit back and relax on Father's Day because we (as a family) are TOTALLY different. Nathan works all week and so the weekend is 100% family time. There is no such thing as relax and take a break from our duties as parents. Of course on Mother's Day there is less "work" for mommy to do but on Father's Day we always seem to embrace what we were given (our 4 beautiful and smart children) by making the most of our "special weekends" with them.

2006 - I was 5 weeks shy of having Lucas.
2007 - I was about to find out the gender of Bridget and Lucas was a year old.

You really should click on those links - they are hilarious!

This year wasn't any different than our usual years.  I made a fun breakfast, which was Apple Cinnamon Donut Holes...they really really wanted to eat them on the floor and have a picnic - who am I to say no to that?
Juliet is a MAD drooler! I promise that shirt is CLEAN!
 We went to church they served Pie to the men since we meet at 1pm. We came home and I made Nathan's request BBQ Chicken with Corn and Homemade Oreos.

I really appreciate my husband. He is a great father and his children not only love him but they respect him.
I am grateful for his father Gary for teaching Nathan through his example and for being such a great Grandfather to our children.
I am also grateful to my own father Phil for being there for me when I needed him most. I used to think that that time was in my youth when he worked a lot but I was wrong, I needed him so much more when I was a young adult and on my own and even more now that I am a grown up and parent. He is a teriffic grandfather and I don't know ANYone besides my sister who talks to their Dad as much as I do. I am lucky to have an every day phone chat with my dad and sometimes Skype! 
I am also grateful to my Grandfather Jerry who was an awesome Grandpa to me and my sister when he was alive and who layed the ground work for a Toys R Us visit everytime we saw him. Because of this my kids know that Grandparents = Toy Store. Haha Just Kidding.

I am lucky to have positive male role models in my life and my children's life too.
I am going to leave you with a picture and quote...

‎"I think being a good father means keeping the mother happy so she doesn't drive the kids crazy." 
-John Travolta, Look Who's Talking

Thanks Jess! :)

Happy Father's Day.
I can't wait till the Grandpa's get their cards because then I can post them.

Oh alright a video from our crazy evening...
If you can't see it click HERE



2 comments:

  1. Kayte Blannchette6/19/11, 8:58 PM

    Bridget looks totally high...on Father's Day love. Very sweet post. I enjoyed reading it. Please make me homemade oreos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooove the video. Those oreos look delicious.

    ReplyDelete