Summer Fun #2 - Chalk Art Festival!

#2 - Chalk Art Festival

My kids love to go to Downtown City. That is what they call Denver. Its not a real official trip unless we ride the FREE MALL RIDE.  So we parked far away, joined the walkathon...

 Seriously - so lucky to live in this beautiful state.
 Then we got there!
 Everyone was so nice. Telling the kids how to make a small picture bigger. 
Lucas was so into the logistics of it all.
 This baby was so cute and happy.
 There were so many teams and groups getting their chalk on!
 Scarlett wanted a better view.
 It was amazing to see.


 The kids loved ALL there was to see.
 Except the smurfs. Scarlett and Bridget didn't want to go up to them.
 Have I mentioned how much I love Denver?

 There were lots of free drawings and prizes at different stations along the way.
 Then it was time for a snack.
I made the kids ants on a log. Easy and free (from home) and healthy! 
Chalk time for the kids. 
This was Bridget's favorite one, she just stared and watched this man create. 
 This one was almost done with stage 1.  Lucas was so focused on the techniques he almost didn't recognize the picture.  Everyone had a fun time and we got so many compliments on the kids.
 Then we walked back to the car.
 Gorgeous.
We hit up a farmers market and then loaded everyone in the car. Everyone hit the sack for nap and slept for a good 3.5 hours. I love the summer. I love Denver. I also LOVE checking things off the list!

4 comments:

  1. I was there too!!! How did I miss you..maybe cause I was off drinking a smoothie..it was so hot! Wasn't that so fun, YAY for chalk! I loved the area the kids got to color their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! Never even knew it was going on this weekend. Btw, it's not a trip downtown unless we ride the Mall Ride or Lightrail as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aymee Poelair6/5/11, 8:29 PM

    I kept reading and reading trying to find out what was up with Nathan's Farmer hat. Then at the end I saw that you headed to the farmers' market and it all became clear. Nathan was dressing in costume, like wearing striped tights to Wicked or dressing as a pirate for a showing of Pirates of the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool! Those drawings were amazing!! though I coudn't help but think to myself, "thank goodness it didn't rain that day..." Could you even imagine?!

    ReplyDelete