Summer Fun #42 Dinosaur Ridge and #43 Heritage Square

Checking things off 2 at a time! YES!

It was Nathan's weekend so he picked what we were going to do today. He had never been to Dinosaur Ridge and I really really wanted him and Lucas to try the Alpine Slide. So off we went!
Dinosaur Ridge was our first stop.
Dinosaurs can be scary for some...
 There was a dino dig, and fossils and a nature trail to hike and find real dinosaur footprints. There were on site archaeologists and a discussion on carbon dating which perked up the 4.11 year old.
 The kids got to track and figure out which prints went with which dinosaur. Lucas got 8/10 Bridget got 5/10 but in all honesty she wasn't really that into it! Scarlett on the other hand was repeating everything the man was saying. "Stegosaurus" he would say and she would repeat "Stega -so -norris!!" It was so darn cute.


We could have spent more time here but the kids were anxious to go on the ferris wheel - so off we went.
But not before we kissed this baby a few times!

+++

Heritage Square Time!
The LAST TIME WE WERE HERE 5/29/09 with my parents 
Before that I took Ethan and Ali with me and Veronica joined us. This was in 6/2007 (lucas was 11 months!)
THE TIME BEFORE THAT 4/2004 I went with my friend Dan and he made me do the Alpine Slide and I am so glad I did! It was in my brain that Nathan needed to do this too!
Wow that was a looooooooong time ago!

Okay on to today!
Bridget so excited she didn't need a grown up!
 Scarlett is 39 inches but you need to be 42 to ride alone. So the girls and I rode one together while Nathan got water for the bottle. Hi Five for the Bottle!
 My kids are like me and have an irrational fear of animals, all species. Except Lucas.
Look at Scar's face. HAHAHA.
 Ferris Wheel. Lucas rode ALL by himself and told me he could see downtown city (Denver) from the top!
 I love all of these pictures at Heritage Square. Its awesome!
 Scarlett was able to ride a lot of rides alone. She loves swings and this one was her FAV!
We stopped for lunch and then hiked up the Alpine Slide area.
 Lucas got to ride his first ski lift!
 The girls and I sat back and talked about important things like why boys have a smell and stuff like that. Haha.
 My boys on their way down!
 Last ride before we headed to the carousel at the front and then home.
 Haha. Again, love these.

 It was a great 5 hour day and the kids passed out then when we got home Nathan talked to his mom and she said she was at Heritage Square too! We just missed each other! CRAZY!

There were no sunburns to report except look at those tan lines above YIKES!

5 comments:

  1. You are always so good at remembering and documenting things with photos even BEFORE you had kids! Dan as in Hamblin? I remember him!

    You are such a fun mom, I can't wait to see what else you guys do this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What a fun day. I love Heritage Square!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love watching your family grow. What camera do you use? Your pictures are always so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the note of a sunburn, we decided when you visit us in the summer we cannot go to the pool until 5PM so your little gingers don't get blisters... Oh and PS Jules hat is RIDONKULOUS! Love you. Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I love how much fun those pictures are with you guys in the cutout things. I wish we had something like that around here but it's just so hot in the summer to be out there anyway. And that alpine slide looks awesome!!! I would totally ride it!

    ReplyDelete