Madeline Party!

Scarlett had many ideas for her 3rd Birthday party. First, she wanted a puppy party. Second, she wanted a Ni Hao party. Third, she wanted a Minnie Mouse Party. Then, she was hooked on Madeline.

All I needed was a theme.

She was convinced she was Madeline. 
She was the smallest in her class. Inside she was tall.
She was brave and most importantly, she has orange hair!

I saw this blog, and really thought I could make this Madeline Party a reality.
Each girl got a Yellow Hat, and a Blue Cape. Cody, our stand in Pepito got a black cape!
 


Scarlett woke up this morning and saw the spread. She was delighted!
I think she was most excited about the DOLL!
She asked me about 11 times if it was hers to keep!
The girls wanted their pictures taken before the friends came.
Scarlett asked me to "cul my hair like Madeline" so I did!
 
Scarlett was so excited for her friends. She waited by the door to greet them.
Such a cutie!

Once everyone came, we started out with painting. It helped get the kids in the door and I needed them to get done so they had time to dry! 



 Just like in the Madeline books, the Artists Masterpieces were on easels. :)

Then we took the kids on a walk. We tried to get them to walk in groups of two, but it was freezing and they were just all being, 3. Haha.
 I read to them a little from the original Madeline book, and then we smiled at the good...
 and frowned at the bad...

 After that, we "ran" back inside.

We practiced our french.
Oui, Non, Bon Jour, Eclair, Cream Puff.

I read them a full Madeline story, and then we tried Ham and Cheese Croissants.
 We danced to the Madeline theme song, and then moved right on to the presents.
 Everyone was so happy for Scarlett. Clapping after every present. It was so cute.

After presents, we built Eiffel Towers out of Vanilla Wafers.
 Cody, was so into this. Like, he wanted to be left alone and do it himself!


After cleaning up that huge mess, we sang the Hola, Bon Jour song and then moved on to cupcakes.
 

It was a great little birthday party. 
The kids each got to take home 3 chocolate truffles, a palmier, a special chocolate cookie (that reminded me of GiGi) and a kaleidoscope!

There was so much more I wanted to do, but Scarlett is a simple gal, and didn't want all the fuss. She just wanted her friends and a special day, and that is exactly what she got.

I love this girl so much.

10 comments:

  1. so fun and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, seriously, you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best mom ever! I love this party To DEATH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow....I second the, "you're amazing"!!! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wait, you threw a party last Sunday and one this Friday?!?! 2 HUGE parties in less than a week? Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Madeline awesome!! What a great idea!!! If I had a girl I would totally steal the idea!!

    Love how happy my niece is!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to you, I know who Madeline is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maddie and Mia!3/3/12, 12:49 PM

    Uh, wow! I am invited to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable. I love the little capes. What a great party planner you are. I'm impressed as always. :)

    ReplyDelete