2 Girls Day Out's in a month?!?!

I had a pretty fun day today without kids! 
My friend, Dawn, brought her sweet Sophie, and she was an absolute doll the entire time!

I was at Dawn's at 9, got to admire her beautiful house - seriously, its amazing, then we were off.

We drove to Tradesmart to pick up Group Numbers for a little book signing that was happening today.
Then we went to Ikea. This was my first time at the Denver Ikea.
I found a few neat items, and then we went to Q'doba for lunch.

We got back to Tradesmart at around 2, the signing was at 4. 
It was very unorganized, but - it was what it was. 
Dawn and I were numbered #50 and #51.

There were TONS of people there. 
We were in the 2nd ROW!

I am so glad we got there early.

The author got up, and was so cute...
 
You may recognize her.  She is sort of popular. :)
It was Ree Drummond, Pioneer Woman!!!!!

We got to meet her in the flesh!
She was so nice and talked to each and every person.
 She shared a moment with sweet Sophie.
She signed my cookbooks, and told me how lucky I was to have 3, YES 3, redheads.
I had to agree. 
We also shared a laugh about a common allergy, bananas.
 :)
I got a quick picture, and then we left.

I was gone ALL day and it was glorious!
The kids missed me, and wanted to hear all about my day.
They had a lot to tell me too!
They got to do several things with Nathan, including bike riding, park playing and a touch of the vomits!
Horray!

It was a fun day and I am so glad I didn't go by myself.
Who else would have believed this...
A serenade to Charlie, her dog. Hahahahaha.

3 comments:

  1. SO lucky. I bet she was nice. You look fantastic btw...what are you down now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ree! She is so nice. Glad you got to go! Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's super fun!! And I can't believe you didn't stay to eat at IKEA!!! Next time I'm buying you lunch! I'm jealous you got to go. YAY for days out. how fun!

    ReplyDelete