Spring Break Day6 - Planting/Gardening

We normally wait until Mother's Day to start planting but the Weathercaster's and the garden experts say before Easter this year. So we decided to get a start.

Grandma and Grandpa Witte did square foot gardening and had great success and my Cleverley friends have done it too, so we thought - it's time.

I had Nathan build our bed's bigger in the back because of the tomatoes.  
Just one box, 4x8.
32 squares.
We planted tomatoes, parsnips, spinach, corn, peas, watermelon, bell peppers,
carrots, brussel sprouts, and onions.

We hope to be more successful this year. We put more money into it, so here's hoping. :P

While Nathan worked on sawing logs...no really. :)
The kids danced, and I took on this project...
 Seriously, it is a jungle up front.
 I found a bunch of bulbs in my weed ripping stage.
This is not even 1/2 of what we bought. I think this was for the front.

So, we started planting bushes and such in the front, and Nathan came up to help.
 We rearranged the front rock formations. The kids had so many jobs. Some more important than others -
(thank you B for caring so much about ruining your pants)

 Juliet, laughed and laughed.
Lunch, nap, backyard time.
Oh wait! Here is the new front.
It doesn't look like I did that much, but I did! I need to take it from a different angle because it looks like a bunch of rocks instead of U's which is what it is.
In a few weeks it will be yellows, reds, pinks and purples!

Okay, now to the back.
Juliet woke up ready to work.
Or watch Lucas and Nathan work -- that is. :)
 Lucas is so much like his father. He needs to unwind his mind by working.
Mason could care less.
He looks huge here, until you see someone normal sized next to him...
Perspective is everything!

The girls pranced and played outside. 
Scarlett woke up with her "polka-dottie shoes with oriole socks"
Such a trend setter. Haha.

Then, it was planting time!

 I wrote on rocks so we knew what was planted.




So exciting.

the view from the 3rd floor.

Next weekend, rota tilling and re-sodding. F-U-N!

The kids fell asleep quickly and Nathan and I went shortly after. Whew!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I want you to make me a garden:) I decided to give up on it this year:) Great landscaping up front too!

    ReplyDelete