The perfect "babysitter"/playdate/announcement

There are a few things I don't LOVE about our house.
I mean, I am grateful we live in a nice neighborhood, near an excellent school, and have great neighbors, but there are a few wonky things about our house that I didn't like when we moved in.

One, was this low window in the living room.
It is just 6 inches too short for anything to be in front of it without being visible to the street.
It is too low for a bench seat.
It is a weird size, so we had to have custom blinds made for it and the two adjacent windows it sits between.
(which makes replacing this window a complete chore)

-BUT-

that was all before we had children.

Every child, every spring, LOVES to sit or stand in front of this window and just watch life happen outside of it.  I love to have the windows open and the kids will just flock to it and look outside.


Juliet, is no different than the others were, except she is the ONLY child who has figured out that her Daddy comes home through that view.  Usually when I start dinner she will stand there and shout out the window "Da-Dee! Da-Dee!" even if he isn't there!  It is positively adorable.
Because of this, I am washing windows ALL the time. :P

+++
On a totally unrelated note, Scarlett got to go to a friends house today and had a blast.
It is so fun for the kids to go places "alone."
She came home bragging to everyone all that she did at Emma's.
 (even though she was only there 2 hours AND requested a nap when she got there) haha.

+++
Oh, and one more Random for the day...
My Brother in Law, "FIO" or as he likes to be called, "Theo" became an official US citizen today!
My nephew Phil can now show his face at playgroup now knowing his dad is no longer an "illegal"  - or as my kids lovingly called him "a regal alien" (illegal alien) *snort laugh*
photo stolen from fb w/o permission, but with love. :)
Does anyone have Lee Greenwood's song in their head right now?

"I am proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free...."

LOL *sigh* what a weird day. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh hahaha! Cant get that song out of my head!!

    Love it!!

    Love the trampelene too!!

    ReplyDelete