3 Months/1 Month for MR MASON!

Mighty Mason is 3 months old! Can you even believe it?

I would be lying if I said it has gone too fast, because, well, he is basically a one month old to me.

I look at the 3 month cues/development charts, why? He is no where near them.
I look at the 1 month cues/development charts and he is par for the course.

Someone asked us yesterday when we were out and about how old he was and I said "3---no, 1 month old!"
He is still teeny tiny. He still sleeps all.the.time. Which I am totally fine with.
I am glad he is taking his time. I am relishing and enjoying every single moment with this baby that I can.

He is great at holding his head up, and when he is awake...he is AWAKE!
Preemies don't blink like "termies" I guess. Mason keeps his eyes open as long as possible and then quick blinks so he doesn't miss a moment. Haha.

(kinda smiling!)

He is still a little billy goat when it comes to his grunting. 
We enjoy it, we make fun of it. Good laughs had by all. :)

I feel incredibly lucky to have this special boy in my arms.
Every day I hear about someone's difficult pregnancy or delivery I just squeeze him a little tighter, because I realize we both could not be here. I realize he is a miracle and that our family is blessed to have him with us.


He is pretty tall. The 0-3 month stuff is getting short. He loves the bath, he loves when the children sing to him.
He is pounding 4oz every 4 hours, and every 17th bottle he projectile vomits. Totally kidding. He has only done this 3x. :)

Juliet, the big sis, now wakes up and needs to know where he is. I often find her just waving and saying "hi yi" to him.  Mason brings so much love and adoration into this house. For that I will be eternally grateful.

We love you, Mason, our Mini Witte!
With big shoes to fill! :P

3 comments:

  1. He looks like Lucas! So handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo cute!! Im so glad you guys are doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby boy you got there :)

    ReplyDelete