Spring Break Day5 - Swimming

I promised we would go swimming as soon as Mason was born.
The day I got home from the hospital, the kids said "Yay! We can go swimming!"

I told them it would be better if we waited until Daddy could come and they agreed.

The clouds parted and Friday came and...it was time to go swimming!!!

They were so excited about it they told the Hampson's over and over about it.
(They were over in the morning for a playdate/babysitting practice)

So, we stopped at Target to buy Lucas new swim stuff because he is no longer a 4. 
Oy! How did that happen?
I bought him a 6/7 because for some reason no store carries a 5/6. They carry a 4/5 and a 6/7.
How stupid. Its the same as when you are looking for an odd size in women's. I had this problem the other day. The even size was too big and the next even size down was too small. ugh.

After I gave the cashier a piece of my mind, we headed off.
(in a nice way, of course.) :)

Mason was not approved for swim. Which is fine, he isn't 4 months yet and the new reg's say less than 4 months is not recommended. Easy.


 Juliet tried to walk on water. Hahaha.
 Then she tried to eat it. 
 The kids had a great time. It was nice seeing everyone playing and swimming without me or Nathan.

Nathan took the kids on the slides and I told Scarlett to stay on the bench. She didn't listen, and ventured into the deep deep part and almost drowned. The lifeguard even jumped in the water to save her. I got to her first, swooped her up, like only a mother (and former lifeguard) could and picked her up. She was startled and said "I couldn't kick myself up!"
There was a report filed. The head lifeguard asked how I got to her first and I simply told her, "I am her mother...THAT is how I got to her first." She can swim. I told her to stay on the bench and normally she does. We had a long talk about deep water and why the lifeguard had to jump in. What is funny (not that any part of that is funny) but..the lifeguard right by Scarlett didn't even see her. 

After that, we took the kids to Sonic. They got to eat in the car. IN THE CAR!
Then we took them to the nursery to pick up dirt for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment