Away from it All

We meaning I needed to get out of the house and have an adventure.  I was feeling down about yesterdays appointment and felt a little defeated. So we packed up the kids and took them to a place they hadn't been since 2009...January of 2009. Bass Pro Shop!

Wahoo!
 This place really is a mecca for little boys who love the outdoors and like to climb.  Which means everyone in my family enjoyed it while I waddled along.
 There were rocks to climb and fish to identify.Lucas was intent on finding all of them...as you can see - Nathan wouldn't let Lucas have all of the fun.
 They had animals all over the place and the kids pretended to be in the nature.
 Don't you love on wild bears when you see them?
 We took the glass elevator to the top and scoped out the boat show that was happening below...
 They had a shooting range and Lucas tried it out.
 Scarlett found the ATVs and wouldn't get off until we coaxed her with cookies.
 Then we investigated the boats. Bridget asked the sales men if they were yachts like we are snobs or something. It was so funny. He told her they were pontoon boats and she looked so disappointed.
 One more for posterity and comparison from 2009.
It was a fun day and now I am totally sore but this was what they told me to do (walk) so why not go somewhere free and fun and not in my neighborhood?

We came home took naps and then rode bikes (not me) outside for 2 more hours. It was a great day.

Lucas is helping me make dinner. It was his Saturday Choice so we are having Best Pasta Salad EVER!!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE that place. Last time we were there Alex stayed investigating the boats for almost an hour!!! Great free entertainment.

    ReplyDelete