Undies and Shoes

Today was Stock Show/Farmer Day at the Preschool.

Lucas was wearing hand-me-downs from Ethan (LOVE THEM) 
He borrowed a hat from Carter  (in the ward)
He borrowed a vest from Robert (in the ward)
And as he was walking out of the building he said to me "Mom, the only thing I am wearing that is mine is my Undies and Shoes" To which I replied "What about your socks?"  He informed me at that time he was in fact wearing Bridget's.  Silly Man.
***
What is even funnier is that his show and tell item was Scarlett's  "See And Say Farm Animal" toy and if you know Lucas this will make you laugh his description to the class was as follows:
(Mrs. MacDonald wrote it ALL out for me so I felt it was blog worthy)

"The show and tell item I have today makes many animal sounds. In fact it has 20 sounds.  I did not bring farm animals to school because there is no possible way my mother could have fit them all into the van and drive me to school safely.  What I have is a toy that has a mechanism inside that has recorded animal sounds on it.  Can anyone guess what it is?"

Mrs. MacDonald - "Is it a book?" 

Lucas - "No that would have been to easy to guess.  It is red and an unusual shape.  This shape does not occur in nature."

Class - "I give up"

Lucas - "You should never give up, you are too young in life to give up."

Mrs. MacDonald - "I think you should show the class now"

Lucas - "Fine I will it is a See And Say Farm Animal Quizzer with 2 songs and 20 sounds."

Class - Blank Faced.

Me when the teacher told me this story this afternoon - "Sigh, he is his father."
***
His object...you know the unusual one whose shape does not occur in nature?
Yea that one  - won 1st prize for loudest animals.
Lucas told me it wasn't worth a smile because it was just a silly toy.
***
Oh Lucas-you truly are something to be loved just as you are. :P 

Dinner Tonight : Kandi's Taco Salad

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome teacher for writing that out! That kid is amazing. He needs to have out with my free spirited highly emotional Ashley. They will drive each other bonkers, and it would be amusing to watch.

    ReplyDelete