Hellacious Day - grab a soda its a doosy.

I started the day with only getting 3 hours of sleep because I just couldn't get comfortable.  I watched a few shows and ate a Klondike Bar and then attempted to go back to bed...at 3am

Nathan had a weird feeling about going into work so he opted to work from home, just in case.  I had major contractions yesterday and today didn't seem to bad but I am not going to argue when the man offers to stay at home and work.

I hosted Tot School. the kids were great until the last 20 minutes where freeze dance wasn't enough so we went outside to play and they were all crazy.  No one wanted to leave when it was time and I felt bad for the moms.

Lisa offered to take Lucas with her and feed him lunch and take him to preschool which must have been inspired because what happened next you will not believe...

Keegan stayed home sick and Bridget really wanted to bring him his special treat and game that we played today. So I thought fine, it will be 5 minutes or less because they live like 3 minutes away. 

*Here is where it starts to get fun people*

There is a stop sign and a street light to get out of the neighborhood the back way.  I load the girls in the car and quickly run over to Keegan's.  I get to the stop sign and hear a huge pop inside of me and then the most excruciating pain comes over me.

I run the stop sign to pull over because I literally can't breathe.  Things seem to be better so I just drift back into the lane and proceed to the light.  I am less than 1 minute from my house.

As soon as I get to the light I suddenly can not function and need to get out of the car.  Well, sirens go off because I was just about to get a ticket from a cop who was behind me the entire time.

I pull over on the major cross street and jump out of my car totally hunched over.

The pain was agonizing.

He yells at me to get back in the car and I look at him and scream "I can't"

He freaks out and immediatley sees that I am pregnant and calls for an ambulance.

Tears are streaming down my face because I am in so much pain I can't feel my legs any more.

Cars and Pedestrians from the 2 schools on either side of the neighborhood are all staring at me in the middle of the intersection.

He asks for my license and guess what - Its at HOME!!!

I told him - My husband is home, he's home! Call him He's home! (imagine me thinking out loud and having a total ah ha moment)

He gives me his phone because guess what - Its at HOME!!!

I try and dial the house, no answer.

I then have another sharp shooting pain and can no longer dial...he (the cop) is in a total panic and asks me for the number - he will dial it.

I start feeling wet and am so lightheaded that I am panting.

The firetruck comes, and the police officer starts yelling at Nathan on the phone while looking at the Firemen "She's in labor, she's on the corner of...., she's in pain, get here!" the firemen look at the cop and say we are here, right in front of you! He is so panicked that he drops the phone and has no words for anyone.

I have one more wave of pain and vomit all over the place.

Nathan pulls up, runs to my rescue the ambulance finally comes and takes me to North Suburban.

I vomit again in the ambulance. I tell Nathan "Lucas is going to be so mad he missed this" (imagine me saying this in hysterics because I am in fact crying like a toddler.

We get to North Suburban.

Bridget is ecstatic that I am on a stretcher, she almost asks the paramedics for an autograph.

I had an IV and they have confirmed that I am having something other than contractions.

I get wheeled into L&D where Dr. Long basically gets the ultrasound machine and gets to work.

1- Not in labor
2- Didn't break water
3- Low iron
4- Stay for the next 4 hours for monitoring because....

She flipped.  That's right.  My baby flipped. They also spotted severe bruising on the interior wall of my left abdomen and believe that is what was going on in my insides.

Bad news...I am at a 3 and have a breech baby.  I am on bed rest  till the 1st where they will determine if I will have a CSection or continue the bed rest until the 18th.

SUUUUUCCCCCKKKK! 

So much for all of that painful hard work of "flipping the kid"

We got home, ran a few errands including going to Keegan's :)
Went out to dinner because I am not doing dishes tonight.

I am grateful Nathan was home. I am grateful Lisa took Lucas, I am grateful that I didn't get a ticket.
I am grateful that I have a good OB.



9 comments:

  1. Holy! That was a scene straight from the movies! Sorry you're on bed rest and baby has flipped, but I'm glad you and baby (and backseat toddler travelers) are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Glad to hear you're doing better. How scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY ....MY....WOW!!! Man that totally does not sound like fun. Good think Nathan was inspired to stay home from work, not so good on the flipping thing though. I'm sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH! So Sorry. I am actually glad there was a cop there though. Weird and random for him to be there at that time, but a blessing in disguise. And he would have been the WORST cop ever to have given you a ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOLY!!!! I'm sorry about the baby flipping--it's freaking uncomfortable when they move from one side to the other, I can't even imagine how painful a complete turn would be! Glad everyone is ok, though, and that the cop didn't give you a ticket--pregnancy gets a girl out of a lot; heavy-lifting, tickets, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes!! What a day, but what an awesome way to get out of a ticket!! :0) I know you wanted a VBAC, but let me just tell you that a planned c-section is so much more less stressful than an emergency one. And even though the recovery takes longer, the delivery is super easy. (Just a silver lining in case she doesn't flip). Hope all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. VALERIE!!!!!I am so happy you are ok and the baby!!!!! I cried reading your post. Thank goodness you guys were all listening to the Spirit. YIKES!!! Please let me know what I can do for you-dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes! And yet, what a great story to tell your kids and your baby when's she's born. Silly cops...they never know how to handle pregnancy. lol.
    To answer your comment...no, I have no desire to live anywhere rural. My parents live in podunksville and I would hate to live there. it's great to visit bcse yes it's beautiful and quiet. But the biggest store is the ghetto walmart. Not for me. I'm a temporary city gal girl but long term we like the burbs.

    ReplyDelete