Moments like this...

Do you ever have those moments where you tell your kids something and they totally believe it literally?

I told Bridget today to go get her baby because she was crying. (we were playing)  She didn't believe me and I covered my ears and said "Bridget, go get your baby she is screaming her head off!"

Bridget stopped looked at me and just busted out laughing to the point where tears were coming out of her eyes.

It was at that moment I realized she took me literally.  
These are the moments that make me love being a mom.
***
Here is another moment.

I think Scarlett is advanced.  She was talking early, she can count to 15 without help, she has many opinions and can express them with out crying.  She has been in a toddler bed since she was 14 months, she adapts well to anything. She has been trying to potty train herself since November but I am waiting till the new baby is born because I want to make sure she is 100% ready before I do it.  Another thing is that I don't let my kids roam around naked, I think its gross (but this is a whole other topic for another post).

On Sunday in Nursery she told her teacher she needed to go potty and she went in there took off her diaper and went.  They didn't notice or didn't tell me because when I picked her up she told me she was in panties.

Having not put her in panties I look under her dress and what do you know? She was in her diaper cover sans diaper.  She was so proud of herself.

I am still holding off though a few more weeks. :)

The other day when Nathan took the kids to the library Scarlett sat down and took the puzzles to her table.  She then proceeded to tell Nathan EVERY SHAPE, EVERY COLOR and assemble the puzzle all by herself without prompts or anything.

Its moments like these that I am glad that I have my kids close in age.  I know that even if I don't teach her something, she is picking it up from someone else in this house.
***
Last moment, I promise.

Today I hosted Tot School.  I had 8 kids here (3 were mine) and we did 5 activities.

Lucas really wanted to help me "teach" so he sat with the kids and read books to the kids.  Each kid he read to sat there and he was so patient with them even when they were not listening or sitting still.

When they left he told me he was ready to be a father.

Shocked - I said well you have to go to college and get married before you can be a father.

His answer - Well I have to do those things to provide for my family, but I know I will be able to love 31 kids.

31 kids?

Yes, that is how many I shall have.  I know it must be hard since no one ever listens or sits still when you want them to mom.

Yes, sometimes it can be hard.

Well, with as many kids as are in this house all of the time I am getting lots of training.
Even if I have 31 girls, I will be able to control them.
Even my wife.

Your wife?!?!

Yes, her too.  I can't have kids without a wife mom.
We have already gone over this.
Don't worry mom.  Just don't worry I will just watch what Daddy does and give her lots of kisses and my life will be okay.  That is daddy's secret.

Its moments like this that I am glad I married someone who is a good example and who gave me a mini version of himself.  Minus asking me for 31 kids. :)

***
Thanks for reading, I just needed to get this on here because I want to remember these kids as they are right now.

Dinner Tonight: Artichoke Chicken

5 comments:

  1. 31 kids?!?! Now that's ambitious!
    I wish Maija wanted to potty train. She will sit on the potty but refuses to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you could edit comments since apparently my html was off.

    When I was trying to train Abby you had mentioned to me that you let Lucas go bottomless at times. https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=2995469280183198424&postID=8144680276596403712 We even talked about it on facebook. What made your opinion change?

    Like I said, I think potty training can be gross no matter what method you employ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just don't think it is sanitary. He was different than my other kids because he never had accidents in the same way. He is just been cleaner in general.

    I only let him go commando for a few hours not the whole day.

    I have never had to clean up pee off the floor or anything like that.

    I just think that if I am going to do it - I am going to commit to it. I don't want to drag it on over months and months...

    I have successfully potty trained all of my kids in 3 days through the night even and plan on doing it the same way with Scar.

    My opinion hasn't changed but my need for cleanliness and sanitary practices has because there are more people in my home. I think I was more laxed with Lucas because I knew he was such a clean little man.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just think this is all so funny.

    ReplyDelete