9. Boo a Friend

Thursday, was Lucas's conference at school. He had to fill out his own report card so that we would know how HE felt he was doing. He wrote that reading was a little tricky, but he is actually in level 13. The first grade standard is a 6 or a 7 (at this point in the year)!  

He is doing really well and everyone knows him at school. He is a great kid and I am glad they recognize that.  In Math, he is above where first grade is supposed to be in May, so she is giving him extra packets of work to keep his skills at level and make him more solid when it comes to concepts. 

Anyway, back to the Booing.

Last Monday night we heard the doorbell.
I looked but no one was there.
I went upstairs to see if I could see a car.

The doorbell rang again.
Then I see Robbie and Robert RUNNING in our grass.
I tell Lucas when he hears the doorbell again to open the door.

The doorbell rings and Lucas busts open the door and says "Hey what are you doing here?"
Robert runs away.
Lucas FREAKS out, and sees a plate of cookies.
He goes out to chase Robert to say Thank You, but he disappeared into the night.
I run out too, where did Robert go?

Then we see Lisa and everyone else in the van with the lights off.
It was so strange.
We walk over to say thank you and she says "you are not supposed to chase the boo-er!"
It was so funny. We were grateful to recieve a boo this year. 
Our ward has been booing for the last 7 years now, it is so fun!


So, tonight we made some:
And booed a few people. It is really hard when Lisa hit my whole neighborhood!
We went over to Concord to Boo people.

We made 3 dozen plates of Salted Caramel Cupcakes. 
The kids loved sneaking around!
I didn't take any pictures of this! SHOCKER!

1 comment:

  1. That "Boo"ing is so cute! What's the paper say? My kids would love to sneak around too!

    And it's awesome that Lucas is doing so well with school! I hope he doesn't find the extra packets boring or that he has to do more than everyone. That's how Emmett would see it. Lol And yay that he's advanced in reading! It sounds like his teacher uses the DRA for assessment. If that's so, he's basically got first grade material covered!

    ReplyDelete