6. Skip Rocks at the Lake

I packed up Dinner, which was Roast Beef Sandwiches with Dijonaise, Muenster Cheese, Roasted Red Peppers and Arugula. Oh! and some Sun Chips and Apple Juice. I know, I know, so fancy.

We loaded up and went straight there.
The sun was setting, and the weather was perfect.
It was about 65 and the perfect breeze.


 It was so beautiful.



So peaceful. It was really nice to be "unplugged" and really enjoy the sounds of the nature around us.
We did a little bird watching too!



The kids were enjoying each other and the freedom of being the only ones there. It was beautiful.


I was testing a new lens.


"Sisters, never were there such devoted sisters..."

After collecting a few nature items, we finally hit the lake.




Mace was so happy to get out of that stroller!




 Pssssst!  Today he is 10 months old! WHAT?!?!


We spotted some water animals, and listened to the waves of the lake.


I found my future Lake House. 


We joked about having to clean said lake house...
...then we walked around the lake.


 The sun was setting. It was a gorgeous night.


Nathan taught the kids how to skip rocks. This is a very important skill, and they have never done it before.



Some of us were naturals. :)
 


After getting hit in the face with a rock (ME)  it was time to go.


But not before a few family shots...



Really Bridget? Really?
*sigh*

We walked in the nature on the way to the car and found this lovely surprise!


 Joy!

We called Nathan's mom to bring us a 3.5 ton jack and Nathan switched that tire in record time.
Luckily he was with me, luckily we had just eaten, luckily she was available.

Whew!
Guess who is getting new tires today?


2 comments:

  1. The one and only...Best Auntie Ever, Steph10/3/12, 8:47 AM

    First I'd like to say that Mason is 10 months but 8 bmonths adj lol.

    Second, I love the shirt he is wearing...reminds me of wee Lucas.

    Third, I wish you would have posted a pic of you of the aftermath of the rock hitting you...j/k

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great family outing! And I have to say my first thought of the beach house was having to clean it! Hahahaha! Beautiful night! I miss Colorado!

    ReplyDelete