5. Blindfolded Nature Walk

One thing I love about Colorado, is our many landscapes. 
You don't have to go to the mountains to see beautiful colors.

We went to the park and nature reserve for our blindfolded walk.
It was 55 degrees and oh so cloudy, but well worth the trip.
This little treasure is right by our house!



The kids were excited to go.
We started out by blindfolding one kid and another kid was the guide.





Juliet found a puppy!


Mason was so happy to be outside.


Lucas spotted something cool.
I told him perspective is everything...


Because from far away, this stump looked small but up close it was HUGE.



Then it was Lucas's turn to be covered and Scarlett was his guide. 
She was not a very good guide.


She led him right into the lake. Sometimes I wonder about her common sense. I wonder if she has any.
LOL

Juliet was a great pusher. Mason was totally happy.


We found where we were on the map.



Now, I would be lying if I said everyone was happy the whole time.
In fact, my happiest kid cried quite a bit on this nature walk.


First, she was mad because we were too fast.
Then, she cried because she wanted to push.
Lastly, she cried because she wanted to be barefoot. As soon as we got into the car, she ripped those shoes right off!

Scarlett had a turn blindfolded, and Lucas gave her a little payback.



She hated the whole "see with your ears" thing.
And, well, she is three - so she was whinning the last 2 miles.
It was such a joy *eyeroll*

Regardless, I still love these itty bitty witte's.

Some sounds the kids heard were the flying geese. See, overcast!


And the creatures in the mini pond.


We finally got back to the car and Mason was begging to be in the grass.


When we got home we talked about the beautiful trees on the street.



and how ours is unchanged.


After snack, we discussed our observations and drew pictures of what we heard, smelled, and felt, while we couldn't see.





It was a nice (not perfect) little outing.
I love being bundled up and feeling the crisp air on my face.

The kids tried blindfolded walking in the house before bedtime, and there was a lot of fighting.
So, we made a rule that it was for large open spaces -only! 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh the crisp air on your face makes me want to say something else BUT...I promised Nathan I would never say it again!! LOL

    ReplyDelete