The Other Man

in my life has been impressing me more and more lately.  On Wednesday I took Lucas out on a date...the not smooching kind (he was very specific about that) We ate dinner at home and then headed out.

First order of business - buy some church clothes. He was so handsome.

Next on the agenda was to get a hair cut. He noticed that everyone else there was a man and he was happy that we were not ruining the trend.  He then announced that "Men and Daddies get their hair cut after dinner because they are busy making money during the day."  The ladies laughed and agreed and then it was his turn. He was very quiet and professional about it and then at the very end told the lady she deserved the tip because she did a great job getting him back to handsome. Hahaha.

After that we stopped by Wendy's for a frosty shake...
We told jokes and then laughed at each other and told more jokes. Lucas has a great sense of humor.

After Wendy's we had to stop at Walmart for a special surprise and a pack of diapers.  My newborn needs size one now :(
He was being silly and funny and just genuinely fun...
After Walmart we came home and he shared the rest of his shake with his sisters. What an awesome brother.

Today after Women's Conference Bridget told us it was time for a new bike. She was right, we promised we would get her one in March when the weather was better. So I picked one up, brought it home and of course everyone needed to try it out.  Lucas's bike is a 14 inch and Bridget's is a 16 inch. Lucas asked when he will be getting a new bike and I told him he couldn't have one until he learned how to ride a 2 wheeler WITHOUT training wheels.  I went grocery shopping and less than 20 minutes later I get a phone call...come home now!

Yea--- he learned how to do it in 20 minutes!  He told me he didn't want  a new one because he was good at riding this one.  I trained Nathan well he managed to watch 4 kids and teach and record video of Lucas riding a bike! Rock on!

Lucas picked Tuna Melts for dinner...we have never had them before so crossing fingers they turn out okay! :)

I am so glad we have raised such a fun loving, smart and kind boy.  He is the best boy I could ask for and truly is such a sweet lil' man.  I am grateful that we were able to have a fun date night and get to just spend time together. You all should take a kid out one on one...it was so much fun!

4 comments:

  1. Sarah Graf (from facebook)3/13/11, 8:16 AM

    I need to take my big boy out one on one....he's been having a rough go at being a big brother. Thanks for the inspiration, Valerie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sabrina Winder3/13/11, 8:16 AM

    Date night is so much fun! We try to take out one kid each week for little dates. It's fun to hear what's on their minds when their siblings aren't interrupting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. What a big boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Looks like it is time to invest in some helmets! :)

    I love taking Max out on Mommy dates. One of the things I look forward to every weekend. Totally harder for you with 4, of course... :)

    ReplyDelete