Spring Break Day3


We got up and got to work! German Pancakes for Breakfast!  I made a chart with pictures for the recipe...like a  Rebus Recipe.  Lucas would have been able to read a regular one but I wanted Bridget to be confident in her skills too.  Often I find myself giving Lucas praise and Bridget the shaft. Not on purpose but because she doesn't need it like he does.  Okay back to the story...The kids did everything themselves. 
 To help them with the measuring I used a washable marker to help them see the line better.
It just wipes right off and they get the right measurement every time!
I had them pour everything in the mini chop/food processor. It was cleaner and everyone got to push the button!
In the oven...and out of the oven...
Seriously LOVE these!
Scarlett was in charge of the fruit!
She was also in charge of plating.
We like ours with fruit, lemon juice and powdered sugar.
Everyone had 3.
Then we headed out to Atlanta Bread Company for a tour.  The kids got to learn how bread was made.
We were not allowed to take pictures.
After that stop we went to Krispy Kreme Donuts to watch hot donuts come off the line.
We headed home for lunch and then took naps.

The kids woke up too grumpy for my liking so we skipped the next stop because it would have been unfair to drag them somewhere knowing they wouldn't do well and then get mad at them for not behaving when I knew they weren't up to it.

 So we stayed home and cuddled...
Scarlett was singing to Juliet and she was looking up and listening it was ADORABLE <3
Juliet is getting chunkier!!!
Except she looks tiny in this picture. Haha.

We read a few books about cooking and people who do it for a living.
We talked about our favorite foods and it lead towards what I was hoping it would lead to...
PIZZA!!!

Bridget was the bread maker:
Lucas helped Nathan roll out the dough and Scarlett shredded the cheese...with my help.
Everyone made their own combinations and then we each got a piece of everyone's pie.

Scarlett - Pineapple/Canadian Bacon
Bridget - Canadian Bacon/Pepperoni
Lucas - Chicken/Pineapple

Nathan and I had our 2 favorites...BBQ Bacon and Chicken Pizza and Artichoke Heart Bacon and Chicken.
We made a list and then decided who had the better pizza.
Lucas was the scorekeeper.  

It was a fun day filled with gluten...or gluttony? I am so full. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment