Week 3

I have always said week 3 is the worst week with a newborn. From my experiences anyway.  It is a time when days and nights start making a difference to a newborn, when things start to really go back to normal and when it seems like you are at your busiest.  I hate week 3 and most of my mom friends agree with me.  
This isn't open for debate its just something we have noticed.

So far (knock on wood) week 3 has been glorious.  Juliet has always from birth been a scheduled baby. 
This is not a shock since the others were the same.  They were just born into the right family I guess. :) 
2 oz every 3.5 hours on week one. 
3.5 oz every 4 hours for week two.
Now she is on 4 oz every 4 hours. 
Except for the past 4 nights she has gone 6 - 6.5 hours at night without needing a feeding!

My kids usually are through the night sleepers between 6-8 weeks for me "through the night" means last feeding at 10pm and first feeding between 5-6am.  So far Juliet is right in line. SCORE!
Playing nicely with her sister's best friends
Happy Sleepy Juliet
Juliet with some chub! Yes!
What else is funny about my babe?  When she is asleep, she is asleep.  She is passed around and never wakes up or fusses.  She has a lil' cry when she is hungry and a deep grunt when she is pooping, but most of the time she is asleep and content. 

-BUT-
Seriously - adorable!
 When she is awake. She is awake.  I took her to get some newborn pictures taken and she was totally awake and alert for every picture.  The photographer laughed because most newborns if they are awake are crying or fussy. She is just awake for 10-15 minutes and then passes out.  She is a great baby and actually is starting to make me like 0-6 weeks. 
SHOCK! I KNOW RIGHT?
Even she is shocked! :O

I think its God's way of telling me we are not done yet. Haha.
Which scares me because does it mean that #5 will be terrible? I hope not!

I know she is barely 3 weeks, but so far so good.
I love being a mom again and having so many friends having babies around the same time as me.
I know I really wanted a boy, but man! She is perfect, and I would never trade her!
I love having 3 girls, and if the next one is a girl too ... Lucas is getting a car! J/K

Happy 3 weeks Baby "JEW-let!" - Scarlett

At 3 weeks she is at 8lbs. 9 oz.
Keep up the weight gain!


No comments:

Post a Comment