Skip

I wish I had a skip button for today.  It was literally the worst day I have had in a long time.  What is funny is that it had NOTHING to do with the behavior of my kids.  Daylight Savings never effects us because I start transitioning them the Tuesday before the time change on Sunday.

I woke up with a terrible neck ache. We got new pillows because we get new ones every 9 months and because of this I didn't sleep well.  I had a headache from the neck pain and was in a bad mood.

I get everyone loaded in the car to go pick up KP for totschool and Nathan tells me that he took my keys to work...I had already frantically been looking for them and texted someone to go pick him up because I had no car. Luckily my neighbor had the spare so I was 13 minutes late but still managed to get everyone where they needed to be.

There were other unfortunate things that happened today and I was in a lousy mood and Nathan decided to come home at 2 and just "help" out.  I was so grumpy and then Juliet was being so cute and the kids were being so cute with her and it melted that bad mood right away.
Bridget is our Little Mommy
Instead of dwelling on the negative I decided to change my attitude right there.  What was the point?  Did it do anything for me or those around me ... no!  I certainly wasn't pleasant to be around!  Sometimes we all just need a little attitude adjustment.

I decided to take my own advice and took some cute pictures and made dinner and suddenly I felt better.
She is a few days shy of one month and still has these Smoky Blueish Eyes. I wish they would stay but a Horn with Blue Eyes just doesn't occur in nature. Haha.
Eeek! See how pretty they are?  They are the same color as my bluish grey house! Haha
Almost a smile! Bridget somehow always looks like a model in photos.
Perspective is everything.  Sometimes you just need to change it.  So I chose to skip the morning and enjoy the evening of today.

Plus since today is Pi Day - get it 3.14?  The date is 3/14...(math nerdy humor)
We had Personal Pies for dessert...
For 89 cents you can't really complain...and ending a lousy day in pie nullifies all of the bad stuff.  I like mine without Whipped Cream or Whipped Topping...I don't believe in fake white stuff - Mayo on the other hand is  another discussion entirely...More on that another day! :)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a rough start to the day, but glad it ended better! You have a great husband to come home and help! Happy Pi day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby Miller Zeldin (from facebook)3/15/11, 11:54 AM

    Valerie, I absolutely love reading your posts! Everyday seems like such an exciting adventure with you and your beautiful and cherished family! You truly are blessed with four amazing, adorable, vibrant, and precious children...and they are incredibly grateful and blessed to have such a loving, nurturing, devoted, dedicated, and enthusiastic mom! You definitely are SUPERMOM, SUPERWIFE, and SUPERWOMAN! Also, I know that you are such an inspiring, influential, and positive role model to your children, as well as teaching them such good morals, values, manners, and virtues.

    Thanks again for sharing your blogs and posts here on Facebook. After reading them, I always get a big bright smile on my face; my heart fills with warmth and bliss, and tears of happiness often trickle from my eyes because you truly capture the real meaning and joy of family and parenthood! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liberty is my smokey blue eyed anomaly. Fingers crossed they stay!

    ReplyDelete