34th!!

I have never felt more lucky, than this weekend.
Nathan is the best husband anyone could ever ask for.

Nathan got word that he would be working a horrendous shift the weekend of his birthday.
He thought he might be working ALL weekend, and even spending the night at the office.

I thought to myself that we would just do breakfast, and then he would go in and be gone all weekend.
Lucas really would have been upset if we celebrated without him, so we nixed that idea.

I asked Nathan what he wanted for his birthday and he said to sleep in.
What a nerd.
So, I got up and got everyone going and kept everyone quiet and took Lucas to school.
Nathan was able to "sleep in" an hour and a half longer than he normally would.
He had to get on a few calls, so the girls and I cleaned house and then picked up Lucas from school.

We took Nathan to buy some new shoes. 
He was surprised and happy about that.
We went out to lunch at Which 'Wich. Not his favorite, but a welcomed "something different" for lunch.

I love this place because you totally customize everything.
Then they put your bag on the line and you can watch them make everything.
The kids loved this.
After that, I had an appointment - so Nathan took the kids to GrandRabbits which is a really cool toy store.
Nathan loves toy stores. :)

Then we parted ways.

It was sad for the kids to say goodbye to their daddy.
I had a long night with the kids, that is putting it mildly.

There was an issue and they went to bed after I yelled at them.
I felt really guilty about losing my cool and knowing that I still had ALL weekend with them (alone)

I was up all night, I went to bed at 1am because I couldn't sleep.
I talked to him a bit, and felt bad for complaining and for yelling at the kids.

I even cleaned out the junk drawer for him. He always teases me that I always say "I just cleaned it" but this time, not only did I clean it, I came up with a more permanent solution. Haha. Velcro!

He worked and worked and worked so hard that he was able to come home early.
He assured me, everyone has times when they lose it. Everyone gets to a breaking point.
Then he asked me what I learned.

I learned that how I reacted was not how I wanted my children to ever react.
When the kids woke up I even told them I was sorry and that it would never happen again.
They cried and apologized for what they had done. 
(insert Full House group hug)
(one day my sister will let me tell you the story about when we met Bob Saget HAHAHAHA)

Nathan always is helping me become a better person. I love that about him. :)

We did some yard work, had a typical Saturday and then had Nathan's favorite dinner 
(sweet and spicy pulled pork tacos)
I had planned on bringing it to the office, but he was home! Yay!

We also made him a Butterfinger Caramel Cake also known as:
BTS (better than .....saks fifth avenue (sex)) Cake
He assured me, it was good, but not better. Hahahahaha.
 Nathan went to bed at 7:30 and I spent the evening reading to the kids.

Nathan is the hardest worker I know. He sacrifices so much for our family and always puts me first.
I really feel more and more, that I married the perfect man for me.
Every time I tell him how lucky I feel, or how much I love him, he ALWAYS insists that HE is the lucky one.
He is a great father and friend.
*swoon*

3 comments:

  1. Three things:
    1) Aw, I love this post! You sound so happy!
    2) I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's gone to bed feeling guilty for how I treated my kids.
    3) I LOVE your blog background! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm sorry you had such a rough night... those are no fun. What an awesome opportunity to teach your kids through example how to say sorry, though. That's how I learned from my dad. One of the best things he ever taught me - that everyone, even parents, make mistakes, and how to say sorry and make it better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post. I'm glad to know you are human:) HAHA Sorry it was so rough. You are one of the best I know! CHEERS

    ReplyDelete