Thirty

I am really, really pumped about being 30.

Nathan took the day off.
I got several phone calls from the fam.
I awaited my yearly "this the the story of the day you were born" from my father, 
who - now has a 30 year old kid!?!
---
But, in the back of my mind, was #10 on my List.
I woke up determined to beat my last time. I went to the pool.
I have been working beating myself up, on beating my personal best time on the 1.5 mile (100 laps)
My best time, ever was 59:41
My actual, last time was 1:17:02
10.   Swim a mile and a half  (66 laps + 33 is 99 so 100 laps) in less than an hour.  
Right now I can do 1 hour 17 minutes.

Today, after a few weeks of "training" I went and conquered.
I swam the mile in 40:55
and the remaining, totaling 58:23
I did it!!!!

I was in the zone. I swam so hard that when I was done, my goggles were stuck to my face. My eye sockets were red and puffy. It was FREAKING awesome!

Here's after the cool down swim.
goodness gracious! its a good thing swim caps aren't something we wear out of the pool!
ick!

There was an old man next to me trying to race me. We even went back and forth on sprints. I loved it so much.  I guess he used to be a swim coach or something.

After that I bought some new clothes. I am down 6 sizes and was in dire need of things that fit. :)

Then Lucas and Bridget gave me handmade cards that they wrote themselves.
Scarlett wrote her name 6 times on a paper and gave it to me.

Adorable.

The girls and Nathan made my favorite cake.
Lemon buttermilk cake.


Scarlett has a new love of lemons.

Mason and I read On the Island.on my new Kindle Fire.
Did I mention I got a Kindle Fire?!? thanks parents! 
Did I mention Mason is 14.1 pounds?

Nathan got a little taste of what it is like to cook in the kitchen (alone)
Juliet was everywhere.and making this weird face.
She also loves lemons. :)

We had a dinner made by the kids and then it started to rain. So, I read a book from the Kindle and we listened and watched it rain, in the dark.


After dinner, Lucas presented the cake.


I had to cover Juliet's mouth because she was trying to blow the candles out.

It was an awesome, low key day.
I really felt complete, and utterly happy with how my life has turned out so far.

I have great family and friends, and facebook friends who wished me a happy birthday.
I just can't stop smiling, because that is how happy I am. :)

HERE IS MY LIST - 30 before 30
28 of 30 isn't terrible.
I knew karaoke was a stretch, and skiing was due to bedrest. dangit!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Valerie! Glad you had such a great day! And congrats on beating your time! Such a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look FAB!! I can tell you've lost weight...your arms look skinny!! (I'm super jealous of skinny arms!) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look awesome! Sounds like it was a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete