Three, I despise thee

I knew it was coming.
Today just hit the nail on the head.

A typical argument between my three year old, and myself.
we are in the fun phase of "I only want hair brushed, not done" phase.
Me: "Scarlett you need to sit in time out."
S: "I never want to sit in time out" (stomp upstairs, slam door)
*long dramatic pause*
S: (open the door) "I do not like being in time out"
Me: "Why did I need to put you in time out?"
S: "Because I never, you never listen to me"
Me: "What do you want me to listen to?"
S: "I don't know, I am always hungry."
Me: "Yes, I know. Why did I put you in time out?"
S: "Because I took food without asking"
Me: "Yes. What should you do next time you are hungry."
S: "I don't know, stop talking to me." (slam door)

I wait, I hear sobbing and screaming from her room.

S: (quietly opening the door) "I need to take a nap. I am very tired."
Me: "Okay, you do that."
S: "Then I will be out of time out."

I don't blame her behavior on her, it is totally the age.
B went through this with higher volume and more attitude.
L went through this with more logic and more tears.

I suppose J and M will go through this too. Lucky for me they will do it at the same time. 
Joy! Ugh.

At some point, when I am still not upset about it...I will blog about the Canola Oil incident.
It involves the hospital, the police, and Nathan leaving work in the middle of a presentation.

Did I mention 3 isn't my favorite? Cause it is not.
Luckily, I love this little red head enough to know, it is a phase that only lasts a short time...a year to be exact. :)
And, most of the time she is really sweet. It is just those "fun" in between moments that I don't like all that much. Deep Breath - only 2 more kids to go...Deep Breath.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear this story! I also despise 3! Deep breath... that's only the beginning of my coping strategies. It usually involves ice cream. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhhh....I can't wait to hear about the incident. Hopefully you will be able to sit back and laugh about it one day...soon. I am looking forward to Blythe being out of 3. She has such attitude! But it is what they all have to go through to develop into who they are I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 is my least favorite too! Everyone says 2 is bad, but in my opinion 3 is a lot worse!!

    ReplyDelete