A Reflection?

I am following this woman Jenna Hampsol on her quest to be at peace with getting older.  She just turned 50 and her youngest is 4 years old. She has 11 kids, all of various ages, and she is such a fun read. :)

She talks about how turning 30 was so horrible because she felt "old" she was down on herself, down on her life, and realized at 40 -- 30s were awesome if she just gave them a chance.

Now, I am a day into my 30 hood and really don't feel like I am "old." But I do feel - different.

Jenna listed what she WAS at 30 and then crossed them out and edited them with her fresh pair of 50 year old eyes.

In an attempt to stay positive, and proud, I am going to do that now!


I am a wife.

I am a mother of 5.

I am a sister to 1 + 3.5, daughter to 4, granddaughter to 1, aunt to 4 and cousin to 5. 

I am a friend, and extremely loyal.

I am an organized person.

I am a creative person.

I am an excellent baker, and a pretty good cook.

I am a decent housekeeper, but have seasons of OCD.

I am schedule oriented.

I am getting better at dressing my self "in trend."


I love to sew.

I love to read, especially out loud to my children.

I love to write calligraphy, but rarely have the time.

I have made cards/invitations/announcements as a small business for 12 years.

I am an excellent swimmer, but hardly get the time to actually "swim."

I love to plan and host parties, for all ages, and for many forums.

I enjoy cooking for guests...desserts especially.


I am a teacher. I love to teach, all ages.


I am 50 pounds lighter than I was at 25. I am rocking a size I wore when I was 22. 
I am pretty proud of that.

I am happy with where I am, in my life.


At 40, I hope I can not only agree with this list, but add to it.
Why is 30 such a milestone?
I didn't feel like 20 was "that big of a deal."


I don't have a long list of goals to accomplish before I am 31 or 40, but I have a few hopes.


I hope I can maintain my new weight for a year or more, or lose a few more.
I hope to run a 5K before I am 35.
I hope to go on a big expensive vacation before I am 35. One without kids, and one with them.
I hope to join a masters swim team before I am 35.
I hope to accomplish something big before I am 40.


I am sure there are more, but - right now I am just enjoying the moment, and loving what I have done and what I have been given. I am feeling very blessed and loved on the day after my birthday.


VW OUT.

No comments:

Post a Comment