Flashback Friday: Leafy Good Time

After Ethan and Ali had moved for the 3rd time, Nathan's work schedule went from normal to ridiculous. He would work 7-4 and then be on call and have to go in to the hospitals at 2am and get home at 5 or 6 in the morning and still have to be at the office at 7am. It was really frustrating and hard with a new baby. I was not very supportive because when is the man supposed to sleep?

But, it was a job. It was the only job he could find after moving to Colorado (because of me) from Oklahoma. He had a really great job in Oklahoma, but I was unwilling to move from my job and awesome apartment and everything else...oh and the huge bugs, ick.
Did I mention that I used to be a brat? Because I was. I own it. I am much better now. Haha.

Anyway. Back to the flashback.
This was October 28th, 2006 Lucas almost 4 months.

Sometimes, the stars would align and Nathan would be able to leave work at 2 or 3. Instead of coming home and taking a nap, I would beg him to come see me and the kids. (see brat explanation above)

Because Nathan is an awesome guy, he would always come and see us.

He would rake the leaves for Kandi and Jamie (E&A's parents)
He would wrestle and play with the kids, and most importantly, be with me.

We put Lucas in one of the huge leaf piles...


Oh no! Where's Lucas?

Lucas would always sport a serious face. He wasn't mad or angry, just stern.
Catching a smile was hard sometimes.




This my friends is why I was never into baby wearing. Nathan's mom found this snugli for us, and we tried it, but it was never the right fit. We would use it only when we HAD to, but it was horribly uncomfortable.

It wasn't until recently that my eyes were opened into the world of baby carriers.
Oh well. Lucas would have never wanted to be in a carrier anyway. And Bridget, well....she was too big for one. (that was putting it nicely)

Lucas was a great baby, until 5pm.
For some reason every day at 5pm he would cry, for an hour.
We called it the bewitching hour.

He wasn't tired or hungry, just over stimulated.
It was just part of life.
My girls were never that way, and Mason has a similar "fuss period" around 4:30.

These flashbacks make me so nostalgic about our life with just one kid.
Sometimes it seems like a dream. Haha.



1 comment:

  1. Natalie had a bewitching HALF hour every evening, where she just had to cry it out and destress. Andur and Quin? They were always stressed... lol therefore were always crying. Owen? He's just sweet and happy now. I'm glad I ended on a happy baby note. lol Lucas was so cute! (Still is...) But those cheeks! Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete