Flashback Friday: Downtown City Cows

I started thinking about this because my friend, Emily, started this flashback series a few weeks ago, and poor Lucas was never "blogged." He was written about in a journal, a baby book, and has his own photobucket account, but when I look back at him as a baby - it is so much work to actually find the pictures.

When first "meeting" Emily, I was pregnant with Bridget, and she with Noah.
I was inspired by her, to start a blog. She had some fun sneak peaks of Noah's nursery.
She is a great photographer, writer, and artist. Reading her blog always puts a smile on my face as it does others.

Okay, on to the post.  This was from October 21, 2006. I was still Nanny-ing for Ali and Ethan. The painted cows were in Denver and I really wanted to take the kids. Nathan was still working for Beckon, installing stuff for the hospitals and he had a lot of flexibility with his job. This particular day he was at Denver Health installing the nurse call system, and I called him up to see if he wanted to join us for lunch.

It was so exciting. After we picked up Ethan from Kindergarten, off we went to downtown city. I loved that I had so much freedom with my job. I took Ali and Ethan (and Lucas) everywhere. They enjoyed it, I enjoyed it. I also need to add, I was still driving the 300M. Crazy.

So, we walked up and down 16th street. The kids spotted all 25 cows in the city. They got to pick 5 that they wanted their picture in front of and we would stop and do a silly pose. It was really fun.

Each cow had something fun on it and a silly name. This one is the Aspen Cow
Lucas was laughing at the street performers.
Nathan was 26 pounds lighter, then. Haha.

This one was called Moo-La.
It was covered in currency.  We didn't realize Lucas's positioning at the time...oops.

This one is called Cow-stellation.
 Then we took the kids to Mongolian BBQ. 
Lucas, 4 months...ate the whole thing.

Just Kidding.

Don't you love all the silly things you do with your first kid?
So silly.

I found these pictures because I really, really, loved this particular outfit.
It has elbow patches and was just so adorable to me.

Also, because Mason finally, is in 3-6 month clothes, and was able to wear this outfit too!





Love these boys. Sometimes, I forget who is in the picture because they look so much alike.
And then, in that same breath...they look totally different.

1 comment:

  1. Funny! We have Pelicans like that but I've never gone to see them all.

    ReplyDelete