Closing out my 20s

This morning we woke up early and rushed to get ready.
I had to get the kids to a dentist appointment(s)
One problem, Lucas had picture day at 8:50am. 
This was due to an error on the teachers part, and she fixed it just for me (the day before), Nathan kept J at home, and I took B, S, and M with me to the new dentist's office.

We had brave little brushers.
Bridget went first while Scarlett got X-Rays
 Then, they switched.
 While we waited for Nathan to get there with Lucas and Juju, the girls played some games.
 Mason just chilled.
 Juliet and Lucas got in and got to work. I thought Juliet would freak, but she didn't here she is with her new toothbrush. She sat in my lap while we waited for Lucas's X-Rays.
 Lucas was still getting X-Rays when they took the girls pics for the Cavity Free Board.
 Can you see them?
 Lucas was STILL getting X-Rays. He sat patiently in that chair for 21 minutes. They were trying something new and he didn't complain once.
 Mason watched as Juliet and Lucas got their pictures taken. That's right! 4 for 4 CAVITY free!
The dentist asked me my secret and I told her toothpaste is cheaper than fillings. 
Hahaha.

She laughed at that.
We also learned that we, (Dr. Lisa and I) share a birthday.
I told her I thought I was older than her and she said she was turning 30.
I told her that is how old I was and her eyes almost fell out!
She couldn't believe I was 30.
She said her and her husband were just barely talking about kids, and I said that it was funny because we were talking about being done!  Lots of laughs there. : D

***

We came home and Nathan cleaned the whole house and watched the kids so Nora could come over.
Nathan wanted to make sure my last day of 20 hood was good!

Nora watched the kids and we went out on a date.
Nathan thought he would be cute and take me to Alaska.
 Funny.

We went to Bonefish Grill for dinner.
It was excellent. I love fish. Mmm.

Over dinner we had a great conversation about all sorts of things.
I told him how I spent my last day in my teens, with a good friend and a movie and then ice cream after.
I told him about how another friend took me to target to take dumb pictures, remember J?
I told him about all the things I was worried about when I was 20.
How I wrote it down and threw my list into the lake. (LitterBug I know)

Would I ever get married?
Would I ever have kids:?
Would I ever accomplish the things I needed to, in order to be happy with my life?
Would I finish college?
How much I cared about what people thought.
How much I cared about my weight.
How much I wished I could be like this person or that person.

It was really fun to think about all of those things and realize now, in my 29th year...those things didn't matter...in the same way.

I was so consumed with ME on my 20th birthday.
Here I am ten years later, and I have much more important things and persons to care about.

It was really awesome to just sit and talk and eat with someone who loved me for the last 8 years, and could actually witness my growth through all of that time. Most of that, within the last 2 years. :)
I had to laugh because we had to eat dinner before 6 to make it to the movie on time, and we were surrounded by senior citizens. Kinda ironic.

After dinner we saw Hunger Games. 
We were even in the same theater #  that I spent my last day of teenhood in.(total coincidence)
 Then we walked around and got some completely terrible ice cream.
Seriously, it was gross. I couldn't even fake it in this picture.
I am not wearing a wedding ring b/c...it doesn't fit! I need it to be resized.
It was a 7.5 but I needs to be a 4.5/5. Hoping to do that sometime this weekend. :)

We came home to 5 beautiful kids soundly sleeping and talked the rest of the night.

This was when Nathan told me we were going to see Beauty and the Beast in a few weeks to complete 
19.   Dress all fancy and go to the Theater with Nathan.
He wanted to get the best seats possible and so we had to go to a later show. He really wanted to see Wicked which opens tomorrow, but I just saw it 2 years ago and really wanted to see Beauty and the Beast again. (I saw it when I was 8)
Seriously? I love this guy.

I feel so happy. I am exactly where I want to be in life, in love, and in the moment.
I wish I could really express it better.

The man who worked at the ice cream shop said something weird and I said today was my last day of being in my 20s. He said "I'm sorry" but really, I am not.
The 20s were great, but I'm over it.
I am excited to be in my 30s, more "mature", and enjoying my life more. I don't know why people are sad to turn 30. I am THRILLED. I feel like I can do so much more now. Free-er, if that makes any sense.

I need to get to bed. The kids are so excited it is my birthday tomorrow.
Kids love celebrations, don't they?

2 comments:

  1. Happy 30th!!!! You have done so much, I can't wait to see what your 30th brings to you:) Love you and enjoy! HUGS I love that you love your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't signed into my blog...oh well, still says hilary:)

    ReplyDelete