Living in the moment

Mondays for us are one of our busiest days, much like everyone else.

We have to get Lucas to school, pick him up, feed the kids, take Bridget to school, come home,  nap, wake everyone up, pick up Bridget, come home, have snack, play and clean up, make dinner, eat dinner, FHE, bath, stories, scrips, and bed.

Today, I decided to scrap everything after pick up Bridget and enjoy the afternoon. No planned snack like usual, no activity, just play.

It all started with my favorite game of "Scared or Happy?" It is a picture game I started just today, starring Mason! I send a picture to friends or family (today was family) and they have to guess what he is.

Here (cell phone pics):




Oh man it was so fun to hear the responses. 

After that, I knew I needed to enjoy the day instead of just live through it.
I am really glad I did.
I wouldn't have noticed Mason immitating Juliet.
Look! Twins!
haha.

 I always love how messy colorful the kids become when they play with chalk.
 Oh, and their clothes too.
 It also never ceases to amaze me how serious my kids are about their "art"


 Did I mention that Lucas is an amazing big brother?
He really loves his little siblings. Especially this one...

 Mason was getting mad, being on his back and Lucas dropped everything to talk to him.
 Bridget the smotherer, loves him too!

She often gets upset that the reactions are not always happy ones, when she is near. 
Scarlett brought out the pretzles, and we all enjoyed our pre-summer day.
Scarlett sportin her new hair cut!
The pretzles went fast...poor Juju. :(
 After dinner we checked out the plants! Check out the corn!

This is 2 or 3 weeks of growth! awesome!

We ended up eating dinner laaaaaaate, but who cares. 
We spent time together, and in my book, that is more important than eating on time!

No comments:

Post a Comment